276°
Posted 20 hours ago

DAVIDOFF Cool Water Man Eau de Toilette

£17£34.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I, Union aficionado that I am, wore the blue. I believed that Cool Water was simply more interesting to smell. It is a completely different scent which is surprising because in the traditional sense a perfume or eau de parfum (edp) is usually just a stronger version of an eau de toilette (edt) or eau de cologne (edc) due to a higher content of the same perfume oil. Doesn't have to be explained much further because it's been done thousands of times but one thing I'd like to note is the fact that some batches of it are awful.

After middle school I denied Cool Water as Peter did Jesus. I thought it cheap and outdated, unwilling to be associated with such a fragrance I denounced it roundly. 20 odd years later, while in law school, I finally came home. The DNA, character, personality and identity of Cool Water is simply gone and replaced with garbage. Best Perfumes For Men: Top 5 Timeless Classics | Euromentravel.com". euromentravel.com . Retrieved 2016-01-22.There's not much to say that has not been said about this fresh classic, the grandfather of modern aquatic scents, but I feel like Cool Water is more about the green and musky side of freshness rather than watery or airy. I've got a 75 ml bottle from the 2021 batch, so cannot judge about the original 80s-90s batches. The nose does have a tendency to become accustomed to this particular fragrance. However, rest assured that the longevity performs very well and can survive an entire day. There is very little difference between Creed's Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water, particularly in the air. And I live in a country where 99.999% of the people would never have heard of GIT. Cool Water is an incredible fragrance, and you can get a 200ml. bottle for a sixth of the price of Green Irish Tweed. Cool Water is the greenest fragrance I have in my collection, and it is a summer staple for me. Fresh, crisp, cool, green, uplifting, sexy. Longevity in recent bottles have been around 8 hours, which is good. It says on the box " we have taken the original and added some vetiver" and I have to say no....you did not. If you took the original and added some vetiver it would smell different. So I know that designer freshies aren't really that popular when it comes to enthusiastic thinking. It's recycled a lot and I guess that's what we'll keep getting considering fresh fragrances in the future. It's warranted when people dislike it, because the aromatic, spicy and citrusy combo has been done in huge quantities. There's plenty that smell just every so slightly different each time so hey, if you want a freshie then good for you man as you'll have more choice.

If anyone wants to know what it smells like when you add vetiver to the ORIGINAL Cool Water edt scent from 1988 has to buy the two following fragrances and layer them. This happened to me many years ago, and I still get flashes of that moment today. Oh the trauma! That someone special has been history for almost as many years, but that moment got me thinking long and deep about spending my money on expensive fragrances that have proficient doppelgangers. Well of course I never learnt my lesson, but I have been more careful and considered before handing over hard-earned dosh. Despite being a decidedly virile fragrance, its masculinity is not overwhelming and remains surprisingly moderate. No matter if you added vetiver to CW edt from 2021 or CW edt from1988 it just would not smell like CW perfume.What Coty has done is adding vetiver to a citric peppery and creamy sandalwood scent and they have done a good job. The fragrance follows a current trend using pink pepper and even though it is not listed i personally sense a light Tonka vibe as well. It should be in EVERY collector's collection simply because it Fathered modern fragrance. It sent a ripple through the fragrance industry for sure. So masculine, so sexy, so ASSERTIVE but so cool. This fragrance smells martian to me. Nowadays fragrances play with mixing masculinity and femininity but Cool Water doesn't play any of the charades. At all lol.

Our battlegrounds, I like to believe smelled as the Creed lab that created Green Irish Tweed would have before its perfection.

Will you be claiming the VAT back?

Aspen in its mighty mint green apple opening and lavender heart was such an easy one to enjoy. Not to be outdone the marine coolness and lavender top notes of cool water smelled refreshing as a drink on a hot day. I have written a review earlier..,but just want to remind myself, that this is a Calone-Evernyl bomb. Sadly, this perfume as an old school classic had gone through severe reformulations and now this is more of Aftershave Lotion, than a perfume actually. I personally don't understand the Sauvage comparison but i agree that there are similarities in the core. Davidoff cool water perfume does have it's own DNA though. Price is good, and I would say blind buy safe too if you want a change, also uber masculine, so sorry ladies, I wouldn't want to smell this one on any of you, I'd be weirded out!!! Furthermore, the base notes towards the end of the fragrance’s life-cycle cause particular divide as the fragrance becomes bitter due to its fattiness. However, it is overall received positively and enjoyed by a large age range.

As the volatile aromatics begin to evaporate, refreshing notes of rosemary emerge from the woodwork and draw us towards the fragrance’s heart. Heart Notes I’m a big fan of anything that comes in a blue bottle, mostly because they usually have airy, water smells. But Cool Water is as close a classic as I can call a scent like this. It’s classy, it’s strong, and it always makes me take a moment to stop and enjoy it whenever my husband (and one of my older, married coworkers that happens to have it and use it on rare occasions) uses it and wow, I honestly can’t get over it at times. if you want just a stronger version of the original cool water forget about it because that's what this is definitely not.No comparisons to Sauvage which was a bit of a let down for me, since I was looking for an ambroxan heavy fragrance. Ohh right! It doesn’t have any ambroxan so if that’s what you’re after keep looking. In the heart, sandalwood, neroli, geranium, and jasmine weave a tapestry of elegance, while the base sings of musk, oakmoss, tobacco, cedar, and ambergris, a symphony of the elements. Cool Water transforms the air, a testament to its lineage—a game changer that introduced aquatic scents for men. It stands among the best, a fragrance that speaks of nostalgia and seduction, reminiscent of Green Irish Tweed by Creed with a hint of Armani's Acqua di Gio. The previously mentioned fatty creaminess can turn rancid on some skins towards the end of its life. If smelt too closely to the skin, this has the unfortunate likeness of a deep fat fryer. Although the Calone does ensure that there is a freshness, it can be somewhat nose curling. Wake & Strength The base is remarkably long-lasting partly thanks to the aldehydic musk. That said, it is not without changes that are not necessarily positive. Cool Water receives acclaim from some yet is criticised by others. As a general rule, it’s favoured by men but some women do enjoy its freshness.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment