276°
Posted 20 hours ago

MM..FOOD

£17.15£34.30Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Now with a massively successful US tour opening for sweet soul darlings Thee Sacred Souls behind him, 2023 is sure to be a propitious year for Daptone's newest signee. All image and audio content is used by permission of the copyright holders or their agents, and/or according to fair dealing as per the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. The soundstage of the original is obviously much larger, with better instrumental separation, you can easily pin point where each instrument coming from. Recorded at Hive Mind Studios in Brooklyn, NY, with the help of producer/arrangers Mike Buckley and Vincent Chiarito (both members of Charles Bradley's Extraordinaires) and crack team of a-list musicians, his upcoming album blends heavy arrangements and introspective lyrics with sophistication, leaving the listener in a blissful wash of wonderment. FOOD is mostly the work of a mad scientist in his secret lair, a sprinkling of super-villain team ups with Count Bass D, Madlib, PNS of The Molemen, Stahhr, and Mr.

Production-wise, DOOM utilizes a fine blend of familiar and obscure sample sources, complimentarily working together to both satisfy and intrigue.Even Count Bass D on the most underwhelming track "Potholderz" was able to provide a stellar hook, in which , throughout Doom's catalogue I have found to be his only chink in his near impenetrable armor.

After re-launching his career in the late nineties with a string of singles on Fondle Em Records, leading up to the instant-classic Operation: Doomsday album, MF DOOM relentlessly pushed forward, always innovating along the way, building what has become one of the most storied and revered careers in the world of Hip Hop. FOOD finds DOOM digging deep into vocal soundbytes related, as well as fitting to his namesake and artistic vision, meticulously building a cohesive album narrative. The guests on this LP held their weight as well - Angelika on "Guinessez" spit standout bars about love won and lost and the cost of a courtship ; Mr. Quality of packaging is great, though I will admit that the sleeves themselves are quite tight so it’s difficult putting the records back in, but very minor issue, perfect release imo!I literally slept on this record for about six instances in my existence, last night I finally heard this record in it's entirety. With collaborative side projects with Madlib (Madvillain) and most recently Dangerdoom with Danger Mouse, MM. I think this problem might only be for the normal vinyl color edition though because people have only posted pictures in their reviews of that pressing (even though the listing is this version). Over its 40 years in business, PIAS has grown to be one of the largest independently-owned music groups in the world, carving out its own in-house recorded music division PIAS [Recordings].

Comprised of various labels we know and love at Rough Trade (Bella Union, ATO, Speedy Wunderground, Phantasy, Heavenly, Mute and more) PIAS [Recordings] filter through some of the most diverse artistry to our racks, which we greatly enjoy digging into. A routinely great artist, much of Sufjan's universal appeal comes from his skills as a gifted narrator, pairing personal musings on love and devotion with commentary on American culture, whilst welding folk and electronica, the ambient and existential. DOOM's production on the track was nothing short of breathtaking as his sample game throughout the LP amalgamated soul samples with wacky Marvel Comics radio shows to tell a cohesive story about his and Von Doom's shared alter-ego - sprinkling in fantastical legend ("KON QUESO") with reality raps ("Deep Fried Friendz") to make a mouthwatering blend. Anyone who has had the pleasure of seeing Jalen perform live knows that he is one of the most captivating performers on today's soul scene.His full length debut on Daptone Records is equal parts raw feeling and elegance and exudes confidence and charm. I was already on the superhero tip, watching some episodes of STAS (SUPERMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES - for the uninitiated) and was ready to digest something a little on the Marvel side. Fantastik wen't bar for bar with Doom and had "Rap Snitch Knishes" looking more like a pivotal issue of Fantastic Four where Marvel's First Family comes into the clutches of Doom, yet somehow miraculously Mr.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment