276°
Posted 20 hours ago

TECWARE Phantom 87 Key Mechanical Keyboard, RGB led, Outemu BROWN Switch (US Layout)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This makes it easy to customize the feel of your keyboard, and also makes it very easy to replace broken or damaged switches!

In comparison to other firms that offer keyboards in the same price range, such as Hyperx and Corsair, Tecware keyboards are not well-known. These are the most popular keyboard brands among professional gamers. Many casual gamers, on the other hand, have seen right through Tecware. Many keyboard reviewers think that this brand deserves to be given the same amount of attention as other companies. Personally, I've always got on very well with red switches when it comes to general typing, and the Phantom RGB is no exception. I was able to type at full speed practically straight off the bat, and everything felt well-spaced and perfectly proportioned despite the keyboard's somewhat diminutive frame. The company recognizes the fact that PC gaming would drive demand for faster, and more powerful computer peripherals and the budget limit of every consumer. In this regard, they continue to offer the market their affordable yet decent enough market peripherals for every consumer out there. In this article, we are going to discuss what you need to know about the brand and how do they fare in the highly competitive market of gaming keyboards. Brand History Brown Switches: These are tactile switches, meaning there is a noticeable bump when the switch is activated. Todestrieb Does 7900XT still has high idle consumption on multiple monitors? And should I wait for the Supers even when I'm leaning towards AMD cards? ( 6)The font used on the keyboard does have a cool science fiction sort of aesthetic, but it does make some of the symbols, like the ampersand, really difficult to read. Again, not much of an issue if you know your way around a keyboard, but I did have a few moments where I looked down and went "I'm hitting the right button, right…?" RGB Even though this is really common these days, even with budget keyboards, it’s still a nice feature to have.

Tecware began almost ten years ago with a simple enthusiasm for personal computers. The company’s simple enthusiasm evolved in tandem with the current generation of desktop computers. In the ever-changing PC desktop industry, they are now pushing themselves into entering the keyboard market for the opportunity to cement their name as one of the tech giants in their industry. Tecware’s philosophy into entering the gaming peripheral market is that there must be a balance between the performance and price of all of its products. The brand never strayed away from its principles as given proof by their product lineup that can be afforded by all kinds of users. Outemu switches are used in the TECWARE Phantom RGB, and users can choose among Outemu blue, brown, or red switches. Users have the option of choosing between crisp and loud tactile switches, silent and smooth linear switches , or a switch that is equally balanced. Again, there is nothing wrong with Tecware’s offerings. But there are more premium options out there both in the prebuilt and custom keyboard markets. While the adage “you get what you pay for” is true in some cases, in the case of the Tecware, you get more than you pay for: A plethora of functions are available at a price that is comparable to those of higher-priced keyboards.You may be prompted to update your keyboard firmware upon running the software. This should take a couple of seconds. Comes in two different sizes (You can get the 87-key TKL (tenkeyless) version, or the full 104-key version.) of course you can replace the keycaps on ANY keyboard, but it’s nice to have some options out of the box!) Final Word: The Tecware Phantom is a well-built mechanical keyboard for the price! I would have much preferred if Tecware allowed for Cherry MX or Gateron switches to be swapped in and out, as those are far more common (and easier to find) than Outemu switches. The B68 is the brand’s attempt to enter the 65% keyboard competition and is quite spectacular at that. Its minimalistic approach with utmost consideration to its end-user’s convenience through the addition of wireless connectivity through Bluetooth 5.0 is truly a bundle of joy for everyone.

Of course, like most brands in this price range, Tecware’s keyboards are limited to what budget keyboards can offer. Yes, they are good for the price and can easily punch way above their weight class. However, they will still not be able to compete with more premium mechanical keyboards. The Tecware Phantom 87 is not a full-sized keyboard, it’s a TKL (tenkeyless) keyboard. The TKL is an 80% layout, meaning it doesn’t have a number pad on the right side. Several limitations of Tecware’s keyboards include limitations in the mods and customization options, limitations in the keyboard switch offerings, housing/chassis offerings. etc. Also, the design of Tecware’s keyboards will surely not be for everyone. However, with that being said, they’re still a decent switch, and they’re certainly better than rubber dome or membrane switches!And generally speaking, they come with quite a bit of rattle and wobble (an issue that isn’t really fixed with switch films, as it’s the switch connection to the keyboard that is wobbly, not just the housing). The Phantom RGB also feels great under the fingers, too. Tecware have used Outemu mechanical switches here rather than Cherry's more widely used MX switches, but in terms of overall feel I'd say the Outemu Red switches on my particular review sample (it's also available in Blue and Brown flavours) were pretty similar to your average Cherry MX Red switch.

MORE FASTER & ACCURACY - Velocifire mechanical keyboards are suitable for copywriters, programmers, editors and others who spend many hours typing every day. Type faster with improving accuracy... Do not forget that the keyboard is hot-swappable meaning you can easily replace or change its mechanical switches easily. Each keyboard includes four spare switches, a keycap puller, and a switch puller, ensuring that customers have everything they need to replace a damaged switch at their leisure. Tecware Phantom Elite Tecware Phantom Elite The keyboard is designed with a low-profile housing that houses only the keys of the keyboard, without any superfluous buttons or decorative embellishments, to maintain a minimalistic aesthetic. The keyboard support software is rather simple to use, so even inexperienced users should have no trouble navigating it. Tecware appears to have gone to great lengths to ensure that all of the legends are lit uniformly. For example, take the number row: although conventional keyboards place the secondary symbols below the numbers, the Tecware places them right next to each other, immediately above the LED.

Do Gamers Use Tecware Keyboards?

But you can still swap in Outemu switches (sold separately), and this is additionally handy if something HAPPENS to one of your switches, and you just need to replace one or two! Tecware Software (for macros and custom keybinds). The Phantom L is the company’s first mechanical keyboard with a low-profile design. Outemu Low Profile Mechanical switches (Red, Brown, Blue) are used on this keyboard, which have shorter travel and actuation distances for faster key presses and less finger strain. Shorter keycaps keep the curved shape for a more pleasant typing experience. Tecware SPECTRE PRO Tecware Spectre Pro

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment