276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Moroccanoil Curl Defining Cream

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Low porosity hair has cuticles that are super close together, making it hard for moisture and ingredients to penetrate the hair—resulting in product buildup and dryness. In general, low-porosity hair does best with lightweight formulas that contain little-to-no oils or butters, like the Rahua Control Cream Curl Styler. Two people with the same curl pattern can have totally different porosities, which means they need different curl creams. Curl creams also enhance and encourage your hair’s natural curl formation, says Irinel de León, celebrity hairstylist and brand ambassador for Ouidad. “In addition, curl creams are often more moisturizing and contain conditioning properties to help curls be the best version of themselves.” Curly Girl Method-approved? Yes* (*contains some isopropyl alcohol that's unlikely to have an effect on your hair) Another one of Metzger's absolute faves? This curl cream by John Frieda that keeps her hair super smooth and sleek. "Anyone who knows me knows that I’ve had at least two tubes of this smoothing cream at my desk and in my car since 2015 because it’s that freakin’ good for immediately laying down frizz and flyaways without making my thin curls greasy," says Metzger. Just note, it's filled with water-insoluble silicones, so make sure to clarify once a month with a sulfate-based clarifying shampoo to strip away any build-up. Of course, the curl cream that works best for you won’t necessarily be the right product for someone else’s spirals—it all depends on your curl pattern and your individual hair’s specific needs.To help you find your perfect match, we rounded up the best curl creams for a variety of textures and concerns.

AQUA/WATER/EAU, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCOL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM METHOSULFATE, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, DIMETHICONE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYQUATERNIUM-11, STEARETH-2, ARGANIA SPINOSA (ARGAN) KERNEL OIL, HYDROLYZED VEGETABLE PROTEIN PG-PROPYL SILANETRIOL, CELLULOSE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, PG-HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE COCODIMONIUM CHLORIDE, GLUCOSE, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, SORBITAN OLEATE, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, POLYQUATERNIUM-10, POLYQUATERNIUM-37, POLYQUATERNIUM-55, PPG-1 TRIDECETH-6, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, C10-40 ISOALKYLAMIDOPROPYLETHYLDIMONIUM ETHOSULFATE, SODIUM ACETATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, CHLORPHENESIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, BENZYL BENZOATE, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, LINALOOL. MOCDC04 Keep an eye out for ingredients like argan, avocado, and coconut oils or aloe vera, as well as mango or shea butter to help hydrate and nourish your curls. “It’s important that the cream includes hydrating and moisturizing properties, as well as an element of hold,” says Marlisa Sears, artistic director for Marc Anthony hair care. “It’s difficult to achieve great curls without moisture, as your curls will be dry.”

Will you be claiming the VAT back?

THE REVIEW: "I had read that this was an amazing product that somehow magically worked for all curl types but was pretty skeptical when I put some on my hands—but to my surprise, I am so pleased with the results," writes one reviewer. "My hair looks amazing!" It's pretty rare to find a curly hair product that fits almost every head of curls, but this is one of them. "Not only is it free of fragrance, silicones, and waxes, but it's also weirdly customizable depending on your curl type," says Cosmopolitan deputy beauty director Chloe Metzger. "Although it's filled with coconut oil, which would usually leave my fine hair greasy, a dime-size dollop squished through my sopping-wet hair leaves my 3a curls defined, smooth, and bouncy." Siena Gagliano is the associate editor at Cosmopolitan who writes beauty , and has two years of experience writing about beauty, fashion, and lifestyle news. She's an expert at researching and writing hair and skin stories, like the best shampoos for curly hair and the hair brands for braiding hair. She regularly tests and analyzes curl creams, while working with the industry's top hairstylists and curl experts to assess new formulas and brands. So if you've been choosing your curl creams based solely on your curl type (think: 3a curls, 4b hair, etc.), and you're still finding your hair weighed down, dried out, or shrunken up, it might be because of your hair porosity (i.e., how well your hair absorbs and retains moisture). If you have high porosity hair, your hair probably absorbs moisture well but doesn't hold onto it easily and could benefit from a heavier curl cream with ingredients like shea butter and heavy oils, like the Adwoa Baomint Curl Defining Cream. This product might be called a curl-defining cream, but it does more than just lasts throughout the day. It also softens your hair (thank you, argan oil), smooths flyaways, adds shine, and gives your curls a soft and healthy feel that lasts so freaking long, according to reviewers.

When Carmen Tal experienced a hair treatment go wrong in 2007, it seemed nothing could provide a solution. That is, until she discovered the power of argan oil. With transformative properties to soften, nourish and add shine, the original Moroccanoil Treatmentthat we know and love was born, and a myriad of indulgent argan-infused favourites followed suit! Read More April Kayganichis a curl expert, educator, and hairstylist at The Curl Whisperer Salon in Austin, TX. Anyone with curly hair knows that the right styling products can mean the difference between dry curls and soft, bouncy ringlets. The best curl cream will help you achieve the curls of your dreams. A curl cream is a styling cream that helps to define your natural curls,” explains Annagjid “Kee” Taylor, celebrity hairstylist and owner of Deeper Than Hair in Philadelphia. “Not only will it give curls definition, but it will provide them with moisture you need to smooth your strands.”

Pharmacy product

Depending on the porosity of your hair, you may need either a heavier or lighter curl cream. Determine how well your hair can retain and absorb moisture, and choose a formula accordingly.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment