276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Body Book (Non-fiction)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Valuable book teaching in a very innocent way how the body works, including going to the restroom and then the birds and the bees.

Condition: Good. Tony King (illustrator). Item in good condition. Textbooks may not include supplemental items i.e. CDs, access codes etc.They bloody will now. As thousands upon thousands of people have made clear to me over the past week, she was, for so many, more than just the kind of celebrity the internet age has gifted us. They tweeted about her being an important part of their lives, about the way her Body Book for children provided their sex education. She was a sane voice that could be relied upon to help them make sense of the knotty complications of their personal, sexual lives. There were no boundaries with Claire, nothing that could not be discussed. And if it was OK to discuss it – being gay, cross-dressing, waxing and waning libido, abortion, the evils of child abuse and violent marriages, the taboos of incest or underage sex, the huge technicolour cavalcade of being human – then the loneliness of a desperate problem was mitigated. She was unflinching, curious, reassuring. She knew stuff and she was bloody good at communicating it. I got this for my 2 year old. It's honest and not cutesy which I appreciate. I was looking for a book that explained body functions, sex, and death in a to the point frank way without being overly explicit. This absolutely fits the bill.

In 1999 Rayner was appointed to a committee responsible for reviewing the medical conditions at Holloway Prison, London, at the direction of Paul Boateng who was then the Minister for Prisons. The recommendations of this committee led to far reaching changes in the provision of medical care within Holloway.[3:] Provides many answers for difficult questions children have, but it is a little odd and could be considered offensive. Plus she adored making mischief. If talking about abortion or underage sex not only helped people but also pissed off Mary Whitehouse and the bishops, that was all to the good. She relished the controversy that followed her advert for sanitary towels – now with wings! – even while it baffled her. Even so, Gordon Brown still invited her on to his commission on nursing and I know it gave her huge pleasure that, more than half a century after she started as a nurse, she was still being consulted on the best way to care for patients. It was something she cared deeply about, not simply from her professional perspective, but also from having been too often a patient herself. It was why she was president of the Patients Association and dedicated so much time and energy to it.Frankly answers children's questions about how their bodies work, how babies are conceived and born, and what happens as people grow old and die Condition: Acceptable. Item in good condition. Textbooks may not include supplemental items i.e. CDs, access codes etc.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment