276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gillette Antiperspirant Deodorant Gel For Men, 420 ml (70 ml x 6), 48-Hour Invisible Sweat and Odour Protection, Cool Wave

£7.5£15.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Granted, guys who love older aromatics, chypres, powerhouses, and musks will probably hate this, so I'm not saying it's a must-have piece for any vintage fan, despite it's 1993 launch date. It offers protection that dries in seconds after application so you can get dressed right away - after all, we know you're busy! If hit by a bit of moisture as the day progresses, the dihydromyrcenol will occasionally re-assert itself with another unexpected burst of freshness. Gillette may be more known for their razors and the catchy "The Best a Man Can Get" slogan, but if one ever takes a look at their deodorants, shave creams, and body washes, one will find this popular scent as a selection among them.

This clear gel gives you 3 times triple freshness to keep you feeling dry and comfortable throughout the day. Gillette had struck metaphorical gold with their new lines, finding wild success in both the American and European markets. Depending on the day and my mood, it easily scores a 7/10 or 8/10 and is the far better of the two options if you're looking for a good aftershave instead of a mislabeled cologne. Anosmia sets in quickly with this aftershave and I'm more or less blind to it in less than an hour, picking up only slight hints of it throughout the day.Clearpay lends you a fixed amount of credit so you can pay for your purchase over 4 instalments, due every 2 weeks. They're not a one to one match, but that's the closest thing that I can really compare it that is relevant to today's fragrance users. There's an aquatic accord of some sort that just barely hides below the citrus, giving it a bit of a blue tint like Invictus or Cool Water. com/mens/shower/mens-shower-gels-body-wash/gillette-cool-wave-shower-gel-250ml/p/235308" on this server. The product is honestly meant to be a finishing touch to a suite of Cool Wave-scented grooming accessories, so if true sillage and longevity is what you want, you'll have to use all the products in concert.

Much like Clubman, Cool Wave has absolutely nothing in it to hydrate, moisturize, or smooth one's skin. If you're anything like me, you might apply it all over and make day wear out of it, a task at which it satisfactorily performs in warmer months. When I was in high school in the 2000s, I didn't even really think about shaving, but this was one of the primary scents that I used for antiperspirant. The truth is, I am not convinced that Basenotes should ignore aftershaves in the context of additions to the directory. It has the strength, the staying power, and the complexity it needs to act as your '90s fragrance of the day.Cool Wave opens with a refreshing synthetic blast of metallic citrus supported by a hefty dose of dihydromyrcenol. They spent several years (and millions of dollars) in testing, focus groups, and market analysis, culminating in the 1993 release of the Cool Wave (a "foresty chypre") and Wild Rain (a dewy, herbal, aquatic fougère). com/toiletries/deodorants/mens-deodorants/mens-deodorant-sticks/gillette-cool-wave-deo-clear-gel-70ml/p/535567" on this server. The opening of Cool Wave is perhaps it's biggest claim to fame: a rain-soaked woods and citrus melange that imparts a dewy vibe in the beginning, not quite oceany like the packaging suggests, but certainly living up to the name. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience.

Cool Wave earns a SpongeScore of 3/10: yet another aftershave best used as a cologne instead of a post-shave product. GLASS bottle of something that is easily higher quality and longer lasting, while still -just- being an aftershave! They both have a a virile athleticism to them while having a simultaneous fresh/dark feeling to them. You'll be left going "I feel like I should put some cologne on" when really no, no you shouldn't because you're already wearing some. com/toiletries/deodorants/mens-deodorants/mens-body-sprays/gillette-triple-protection-cool-wave-bodyspray-150ml/p/537179" on this server.It's residual musk note comes out in the end and allows this to cling on skin far longer than otherwise.

With close proximity to the nose, the fresh top notes are a little more dominant, and by the time the fragrance would dry down to its warm, masculine base I can barely smell it any more. This is a wonderful eau de cologne-strength fragrance that has a very "classic" late 80s/very early 90s vibe to it.In the late '80s Gillette's market studies indicated that American men were putting more time and effort into grooming than Gillette previously realized, but most fellows weren't sure where to turn for a good cologne: it seemed "too personal" to ask friends about and there was not yet an internet full of opinionated blowhards such as myself. Gillette Cool Wave Antiperspirant Gel goes on clear and stays clear to protect against odour and sweat without the white marks other deodorants can leave behind.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment