276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What the Ladybird Heard

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I really enjoy writing verse, even though it can be fiendishly difficult. I used to memorise poems as a child and it means a lot to me when parents tell me their child can recite one of my books. Look at the vocabulary used to describe how the thieves are planning to steal the cow. What other direction words can you think of?

What the Ladybird Heard books - Pan Macmillan A guide to the What the Ladybird Heard books - Pan Macmillan

Look at the pictures of the farm at the start and end of the book. Can you describe how they are different? Very fun child friendly book, my 4 year old daughter loves this book and never tires of listening to it again and again Write a character profile about Hefty Hugh and Lanky Len? what kind of people are they? Where do they live?

The thieves ‘crept’ into the farm. Think of synonyms which describe how people can move. Can you demonstrate each one (e.g. sprint, crawled, paced). my son had this book for christmas he loves it i read it to him and i have to push the buttons at the moment as he is only 5 months old but he listens to the book from start to finish a good buy i would recommend buying it to share with your child. The fact that the main hero of this story is a small little ladybird that never speaks it really lovely. To me it sends the message that even if you are quiet or shy, you can still save the day and be important. What the Ladybird Heard is a repetitive story with rhyming words and alteration which encourage children to join in.

What the Ladybird Heard Activity Pack - Scottish Book Trust What the Ladybird Heard Activity Pack - Scottish Book Trust

My mum got this for my 6month old daughter and shes loves to listen to the sounds of the animals she pulls funny faces and giggles. Great book Enjoyable animal sounds for my toddler. A source of intrigue for my pre-schooler who joined in with the whispering parts and was fascinated by each of the characters in this story. Try to find where different farms are in your local area. What crops do they grow? What animals do they look after? One of the first books i read with my little girl, we absolutely love it, so much that i used it as part of my work in college. She loves making all the funny noises with me. We love all Julia Donaldson's books, she really makes bedtime reading fun with the rhyming stories.

Looking for something different

My real breakthrough was THE GRUFFALO, again illustrated by Axel. We work separately - he’s in London and I’m in Glasgow - but he sends me letters with lovely funny pictures on the envelopes.

What the Ladybird Heard (What the Ladybird Heard, 1

This is one of my 10-month-old's favourite stories! The tale is creative and fun, and the illustrations are vivid and colourful. My son who is 2 and a half loves this book and we have to read and find all of the ladybirds every day. We can read it together with our little friends as well, trying to find the animals and say what they say.Daily Telegraph What the Ladybird Heard by Julia Donaldson has all her characteristic sense of fun and performance . . . every picture book by her is a treat. Can you make up a song which includes lots of examples of animal sounds? Get some ideas by watching this performance of a song by the author and her husband:

What the Ladybird Heard - Julia Donaldson

The animals on the farm are always noisy, all except for the ladybird who never says a word. But when burglars plot to steal the farmer's fine prize cow, it's the quiet ladybird who comes up with the perfect way to stop their dastardly plan!

Want to save more time

Fantastic book for babies, toddlers and preschoolers as there are the sounds, voices of the characters, and use of loud and soft tones the parent can make, there is the touch element with the ladybird and "spot the ladybird" problem solving. The rhythms are great too. Before Malcolm and I had our three sons we used to go busking together and I would write special songs for each country; the best one was in Italian about pasta.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment