276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Standing Strong: How to Storm-Proof Your Life With God s Timeless Truths

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Perhaps you recall the story. “As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?’ And [Saul] said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus whom you are persecuting’?” (Acts 9:3–5).

Why? Paul himself wrote, “Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men” (1 Cor. 1:25). In other words, the life the Lord builds in us is always tougher and longer lasting than anything any person can ever achieve—no matter how mighty, important, affluent, influential, or intelligent he or she may be. We sometimes see tragically sad reports in the news. A two-story island resort in Thailand collapses without warning. A six-story building in Nairobi falls unexpectedly, killing twelve. A tenement building in New Delhi crashes to the ground, taking the lives of sixty-seven. Why? In such cases, heavy rains compromised already weak foundations and caused them to fall. John the Baptist echoed this understanding when he said, “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30). Dr. Stanley’s motivation is best represented by the truth found in Acts 20:24, “Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about God's mighty kindness and love.” This is because, as he says, “It is the Word of God and the work of God that changes people’s lives.”If any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire. (1 Cor. 3:12–15)

The man who was willing to do anything for God finally met Him face-to-face on that road to Damascus. And that meeting completely transformed his life. Do not miss this. Paul had to rethink everything he thought was true about what gave his life strength and value, not just some of what he believed. Notice that he said, “I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage.”

Come and meet the risk-takers of the persecuted church

So how do you do this? How do you make a relationship with Christ your foundation? It is as simple as talking to Him. You can tell Him in your own words or use this simple prayer:

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment