276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Guilty Women: THE SUNDAY TIMES TOP 10 BESTSELLER: the gripping, sexy new crime thriller from the bestselling author of Ruthless Women - ‘firmly in the lead to be 2022’s book of the year’

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I liked the pace and the style of this book. It was smart, sassy and fun to read - which in my opinion, makes it the ideal holiday read. I found the characters fun and believable, and I definitely wanted to know more about what was happening. I especially liked Ginger's relationship with her teenage daughter; that was quite thought-provoking and poignant in places. Four women, college friends are reunited at the luxurious Serenity Resort on the Californian coast for the classy extravagant wedding of the year for one of their women college friend’s … when something goes horribly wrong . . . Guilty Women's stamped it's razor sharp, blood-stained stiletto heel firmly in the lead to be 2022's book of the year' The Daily Mirror We know from the beginning that a man is dead. We don't know who it is or who killed him. All four women admit to killing him. So the reader knows two things: the man is a character we are going to meet. And the four women are covering up for someone. Seems that a man was murdered during the rehearsal dinner, and unfortunately for the detective, there are four confessions. Each confession is said to have been created by that person and that person alone.

The gathering includes Kate, who is fashion model beautiful, wealthy and does not have a care in the world, but unbeknownst to her friends is in the middle of a horrific mid-life crisis. A glamorous look behind the scenes of a longing running tv drama and a tabloid look into the lives of a bunch of characters associated with it.

Customer reviews

Overall, it's entertaining in parts, it's over the top but an easy read and would probably be an ideal book to take to the beach. A contemporary fiction title that takes a very candid look into the world of cutthroat soap operas and the drama and sex lives of the strong, beautiful women behind the camera.

Falcon Bay is a tv show which has been running for decades. Set on a beautiful island just off the Jersey coast, the soap has seen it’s fair share of drama, particularly last year when Madeleine Kane, the former owner of the CITV network and actor on the show, was tragically killed on screen during the live Christmas Day episode. The cast and crew are still reeling from this, particularly four of them; Amanda, Helen, Farragut and Sheena, as they know exactly what happened that night and will do everything in their power to ensure word never gets out. However, the inevitable question who's-dead is ever so exciting to guess and Gina LaManna's stellar character development leaves a load for imagination. This is one creepy, spooky read and definitely her best yet. I think we're going to see more of DS Anguish. Everyone has gathered at an exclusive resort and spa for the wedding of Whitney and Arthur. Whitney has invited her three best friends from college—Ginger, Emily, and Kate—even though they've not spoken much in all the years that have passed. (Especially Ginger and Emily, who still harbor a serious grudge from those carefree days of their youth.) Ginger is now a harried mother of three. She and her husband whom she met in college barely make ends meet. Her teenage daughter will be the death of her if her two younger children don't kill each other first.Melanie Blake is now easily one of my favourite, must read everything she writes authors, and has yet again produced on simply spectacular book. Bringing inspiration from her real life experience in the entertainment industry, Melanie writes a plot that feels authentic, realistic and deliciously gossipy. Emily can't shake her reputation or her memories, and she's planning to drown this whole vacation in a bottle. If you only read one book this year, Guilty Women won't disappoint. It will leave you breathless' The Express

When I realized that the setting of this book was at a spa resort I was so content and envious!! How divine. And the fact that we’re throwing murder and drinks and some fun characters into the mix?! Buddy, I’m all in.

Q & A With Melanie

If you only read one book this year, then Guilty Women won't disappoint . It will leave you breathless” Falcon Bay is a household name and a long running TV soapie where only last year an actress was tragically killed during a rare live broadcast. Four TV actresses are hiding a secret that will be their demise if it gets out. If you love TV soap operas and drama you’ll no doubt enjoy this entertaining read. Guilty Women by Melanie Blake certainly has a Dynasty 70- 80’s vibe about it. It’s steamy, glamorous with flawed, totally unlikeable characters and murder.

Then there is Lula an elderly woman they meet and befriend at the wedding who has been married "a few" times. She thinks her latest husband is cheating on her and she will go to great lengths to figure out if this is true.It is a wedding where four friends from school meet after a long time. A man however dies and found women confess to the murder. The start is interesting and the pace is good, keeping up the suspense well till the end. Very entertaining as I love the drama 😈 and has lots of revenge with fiesty twists. There’s a lot of mention of sharks which is a big no-no for me though 😂 I did find some of the steamy scenes a bit awkward/cringey. If you only read one book this year, then Guilty Women won't disappoint. It will leave you breathless” Now Jacqueline Wilson, who is one of the true successors to Enid Blyton as an enjoyable children's storyteller, has taken this magical tale one step further by introducing new visitors to the Enchanted Wood and new lands at the top of the tree.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment