276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Unreasonable Hospitality: The Remarkable Power of Giving People More Than They Expect

£12.995£25.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The content is all on-demand and is easily able to be completed by your whole team by simply following the module and and on-screen prompts.

Kirsty Sedgman shows how power dynamics and the social biases involved have resulted in a wide acceptance of what people should and shouldn't do, but they create discriminatory realities and amount to a societal façade that is dangerous for genuine social progress. From taking the knee to breastfeeding in public, from neighbourhood vigilantism to the Colston Four--and exploring ideas around ethics, justice, society, and equality along the way--Sedgman explores notions of civility throughout history up to now. He was left all alone as he recalled all the human suffering he had witnessed during his career.He also wondered if it had been worth it to take so many risks,just for getting some photographs. standard: [Ld Greene]: decision so unreasonable that no reasonable authority could have come to it. Recent case law, most pertinently Dammermann v Lanyon Bowdler LLP [2017] EWCA Civ 269 has cited with approval the Court of Appeal’s consideration of the term, ‘unreasonable’ in the wasted costs context, from Ridehalgh v Horsefield and Another & Ors [1994] 3 W.L.R. 462 at p232, per Sir Thomas Bingham MR (as he then was): Which is why bailouts and other redistribution of wealth during downturns always results in a worse economic outcome. To shower the individuals and businesses suffering from economic decline is to blind them to how they can and must improve during troubled times. Translated, when governments “fight” recessions they rob us of essential knowledge and improvement. To fight recessions is to once again fight recovery. Guidara, encouraged by his father, chose to learn from the horrors of 2008.Previously, leaders needed to inspire and provide clarity and direction. Today’s leaders also need to be exceptional host leaders. Host leadership means that leaders today must intentionally create the conditions for their teams to come together, to genuinely connect. Host leadership is taking a collection of individuals and making sure they operate as a team.

In dining rooms, in conference rooms, and in all corners of hospitality, Will Guidara has made a career out of going above and beyond, giving people what they want, even when they don't know they want it. This book puts his story, and more than a few of his trade secrets, in your hands." -- Questlove How did Guidara pull off this unprecedented transformation? Radical reinvention, a true partnership between the kitchen and the dining room—and memorable, over-the-top, bespoke hospitality. Guidara’s team surprised a family who had never seen snow with a magical sledding trip to Central Park after their dinner; they filled a private dining room with sand, complete with mai-tais and beach chairs, to console a couple with a cancelled vacation. And his hospitality extended beyond those dining at the restaurant to his own team, who learned to deliver praise and criticism with intention; why the answer to some of the most pernicious business dilemmas is to give more—not less; and the magic that can happen when a busser starts thinking like an owner.Unreasonable" also means what it has been understood to mean in this context for at least half a century. The expression aptly describes conduct which is vexatious, designed to harass the other side rather than advance the resolution of the case, and it makes no difference that the conduct is the product of excessive zeal and not improper motive. But conduct cannot be described as unreasonable simply because it leads in the event to an unsuccessful result or because other more cautious legal representatives would have acted differently. The acid test is whether the conduct permits of a reasonable explanation. If so, the course adopted may be regarded as optimistic and as reflecting on a practitioner's judgment, but it is not unreasonable. (emphasis added) He is the host of the Welcome Conference, an annual hospitality symposium that brings together like minded people to share ideas, inspire one another, and connect to form community. The Generosity Mindset: This book delves into the power of generosity and how it can revolutionize the way we approach hospitality. It emphasizes the importance of genuine care, thoughtfulness, and acts of kindness that surpass mere service, leaving a lasting impact on guests and recipients.

https://cdn.nextbigideaclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/03150800/Ioannis-Kalantzis-BB_-Will-Guidara_MIX_v2.mp3 1. One size fits one. This is the very reasoning expounded by Patten LJ in the case of Chaplair Ltd v Kumari [2015] EWCA Civ 798 at paragraphs [44] and [45].Will Guidara weaves heartfelt stories and keen observations to illustrate how purposeful, no-holds-barred hospitality satisfies our essential need to belong. An exceptional book for anyone or any organization aiming to excel at human connection." - Danny Meyer, CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and author of Setting the Table I want to do some more reading or listening or learning about Guidara, but overall, I was impressed by the practices in this book. I am ecstatic to begin to look at moments through this lense. While I am not a Michelin rated restaurant, nor do I run one, I find myself with opportunity to create moments often. What might I do to elevate them? In this book, Will Guidara shows us how to lead and to serve at the next level by building a foundation of hospitality, and creating a people-first “working together” culture. It’s an inspiring book for businesses in every industry.”– Alan Mulally, former CEO of Boeing and Ford Good though upsetting read. A remarkable and brave documentary photographer, Donald McCullin took his skills to front lines in wars large and small. Always concerned for the underdogs, his images for the Sunday Times documented human suffering not military might. One of the five best management books I have ever read. Plus, it is the most engaging and entertaining - by a wide margin. This is, flat out, not a book to miss." - Roger Martin, writer, strategy advisor and management thinker

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment