276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AKASO Brave 8 camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We’ve already set out the technical specs (4k/60 video, 8k timelapse and x16 slow-motion clip) but how do images captured by the Akaso Brave 8 actually look? Action cameras have never exactly been known to wow you in terms of image quality, however, they still have their place when it comes to needing a compact, bring it everywhere camera that you don't mind getting banged up. In my few weeks with the Brave 8, I tested its various video and photo modes and used them while riding my bike, running, and vlogging. While the right action camera for you will depend on what and how you like to shoot, there are some key skills every good action cam should have. While the Akaso Brave 8 is a strong contender on paper, the software glitches make it hard to claim that it is better than either model.

AKASO Brave 8 4K60fps 48MP SuperSmooth Action Camera | 8K

We mentioned the built in image stabilisation and it does seem to be doing its job reducing the excess jitteriness that tends to come with action videos. The cage seems to help protect the battery door from rain, but on the camera I have at least, water has got in, so I’d be nervous about using it on a long ride in heavy rain.While it felt solid in the hand in testing, we found in our review that the TG-6 still fits comfortably in a pocket. The battery life is long enough for most occasions (but not perfect) and the camera comes with all the basic accessories. Without having tried them I can’t comment on how good these other cameras are, but I know a fellow journalist had a cheap GoPro knock-off last about ten minutes on a Harley before the vibration killed it. Wrong size hiking boots, wrong fit backpack, wrong shape sleeping bag… As any adventurer will tell you, gear is a personal choice. Granted these accessories would require much larger packaging and can easily be bought separately in combo sets on the cheap.

AKASO Brave 8 Action Camera 4K60fps SuperSmooth 48MP Sports AKASO Brave 8 Action Camera 4K60fps SuperSmooth 48MP Sports

But, as a mountain biker and a paddle boarder, I was really pleasantly surprised to discover that it has both handlebar and helmet mounts as part of the pack, as well as spare mounts that could be adapted to fit onto a paddle board. It also ships with a host of modular accessories, including a similarly magnetic Action Pod which adds a flip-out touchscreen to the setup. The feedback is often confusing – after successfully connecting the app to the camera, the splash screen reads ‘Connect to camera’.

Many of the top action cameras also offer smartphone connectivity, which allows you to easily edit and share your latest videos quickly. Quad Pixel sensor, the Akaso Brave 8 easily beats even the newest GoPro Hero 10 Black with ease in the photo department.

Akaso Brave 8 action camera review: not the GoPro rival it

The app community has a credits system that makes it look a bit like BangGood, but overall it works and isn’t too laggy.

These are just four of many alternatives – you can find all the action cameras and other tech we’ve reviewed here, plus be sure to regularly check for the discounts available through BikeSocial membership. Waterproofing is boosted to an even more impressive 18m without a case, making it a winner for watersports. Meanwhile, the 8K time lapse feature gives users the ability to capture an epic hike or incredible bike ride in all of their entirety. Already a proven rival to GoPro’s Hero series, the modular Insta360 One R is now available with a sizeable 1-inch sensor.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment