276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Brasher Brown Men's Country Master Waterproof Leather Walking Boots with Vibram Outsole, Men's Hiking Boots, Men's Outdoor and Recreational Footwear

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Brasher Country Master Hiking Boots are an attractive option that appears to be built to handle tougher walks. Boots like the top-selling Hillmaster II GTX, the Supalite II GTX and Fellmaster GTX will still exist, but with Berghaus branding along with subtle improvements. The basics remain the same: the boots will continue to be produced in the same factories, will still use the excellent UK-tanned, permanently waterproof Pittards WR100X leather and will use the same last, so the fit will be identical. Since then the brand’s produced a succession of seminal brown leather boots including the best-selling Hillmaster, relaunched as the Hillmaster II in 2013 and the ultra-lightweight Supalite. At the same time, a succession of fabric boots and, in particular, mostly fabric approach shoes have flopped repeatedly, all of them slightly ‘wrong’ in the same way as Marks and Spencer’s attempts at trendy fashion designs. One oddity of the switch is that while the combined range will include both current Brasher and Berghaus boots, for now both will retain their current lasting and fit, so in the short term at least wearers of Berghaus fabric boots will find that the ex-Brasher leather range has a slightly different fit and vice versa. Sadness Using the table: Survey (conducted in March and April 2021) is based on data from 3,118 Which? members who own walking boots bought since 2016. ‘-’ = there isn’t enough data. Average price paid is based on the mean amount members paid for their footwear. Customer score is based on satisfaction and whether members would recommend the brand. Zamberlan walking boots

Zamberlan topped our walking boots survey. The brand was founded near the Piccole Dolomiti (Little Dolomites) mountain range in northern Italy and according to its customers, its boots would stand up to alpine terrain. Zamberlan’s boots, including many made from Italian leather, get the full five stars for comfort, durability, fit and water resistance. When buying Waterproof Boots, the quality of the product is going to be one of the factors that you really scrutinise before you commit to buying. That soft suede leather is waterproofed with Gore-Tex, the soles offer great grip and stability even on tough terrain, and the boots look very smart, especially if you keep the leather in good condition. There’s so much information available online when we’re shopping now, that it’s easy to find lots of detail about products like Brasher Women’s Country Master Walking Boots. This is of course really helpful, but there’s almost too much information available, so it’s important to know exactly what you’re looking for.Of course the continuation of the actual boots doesn’t mitigate the basic sadness of saying goodbye to a long-established, iconic brand that arguably created the first genuinely innovative lightweight outdoor boot when Chris Brasher combined running shoe technology with the high-ankled format after suffering serious blisters while walking the roof of Wales in traditional boots. Looks like a Fellmaster, smells like a Fellmaster, but has Berghaus branding. Note the explanatory Brasher swing-tags and distinctive branding. Brasher Brand Dead! I’m often asked for my recommendations, so here’s one: the STORM Beeswax Rich Leather Protector is a great little product to help protect your boots and keep them as waterproof as possible. It’s a simple paraffin cream you rub onto clean and dry boots with a cloth or brush. This stuff does darken the bright browny yellow of these boots, but after a few wears along footpaths in Lincolnshire they are pretty dark from the mud and rain anyway, so that doesn’t bother me. There are other similar products on the market, but this is one I’ve been using for a while and it’s certainly doing the job I’m asking of it. There’s no need to break in these super-comfortable boots, which combine the flexibility and light weight of mesh fabric with the tough warmth of leather. The Skyline Summits are also very breathable, making them a great boot for use all year round. Price – as you’d expect the price of a product can be an instantly recognisable factor on what sort of quality you can expect. Whoever came up with the phrase “you get what you pay for” pretty much hit the nail on the head. Whilst it’s not always the case and there are many bargains to be had, you can as a general rule, expect the higher priced products to offer better quality than a the cheapest option. We’ll dive into the price of Brasher Women’s Country Master Walking Boots in more detail in a moment.

The downside to buying online is that you can’t actually get hold of the product to try it out first. Altberg is another top-scoring boot brand from our survey. Its roots were laid in Richmond, North Yorkshire, in 1989, and its factory is still there today – as well as a second in Italy. The boots are handmade and the fit is something members seemed to like, awarding Altberg the full five stars in this category. Survey respondents loved that they could buy boots in half sizes and various widths - suiting those with both wide and narrow feet. We’re really pleased to have scored Brasher Women’s Country Master Walking Boots so highly, givimg it 8.8 out of 10, making it well above the average for all Waterproof Boots. The star here is the premium leather upper, which should provide plenty of support and waterproofing. You also get a lace-up closure to the ankle via metal hooks, a PU footbed with cushioning, and an E-vent system for breathability. And what you may not know, is that both brands are part of the same Pentland Group of companies and are even based in the same building in Washington, Tyne and Wear.

Mountain high or valley low, our pick of the best hiking boots on the market – for men and women – will do you proud in any weather

They are not as heavy as I thought they might be, but they are a substantial boot which, when compared to something like the KEEN Terradora, weighing in at 700g (or there abouts, I’m not sure how accurate my bathroom scales are) per boot for my size sevens. The weight isn’t an issue to me at all, and now mine are broken in I can confirm they are super comfortable and very stable on the trail. And that bright yellow upper? LOVE it! It’s just what a hiking boot should look like, in my opinion, and means the photos taken in the corn field just look great! Breaking in Leather Hiking Boots This shoe is a more rugged women’s boot that mimics other styles. At the same time, it does this while still looking attractive and not too masculine. They’ll also retain their original Brasher names, which should minimise any confusion over which models are which, in other words, the Brasher Hillmaster II GTX, for example, will become the Berghaus Hillmaster II GTX. The Same But Better? While some of the comments about loops coming off might suggest a decline in quality, it seems more likely that these issues are rare faults. Therefore, these Brasher boots should still be the tough, reliable option for women that are loyal to this brand.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment