276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harry Potter: Page to Screen

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

K. Rowling’s private comments to her young cast, the impact of Richard Harris’ (the original Dumbledore) death on the cast and crew, the effects of 9/11 on the Leavesden family (during the filming of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets), the reality of "growing up Potter" for the young starlets who experienced their adolescence on a hugely public stage, and reflections from the cast and crew on the end of the film series. By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions. My own production book for my 25min film is 100 pages, so I imagine that they have thousands and thousands of pages of notes, drawings, sketches, and things. The first half of the book was definitely the most interesting to me, although even then it veered into really dry territory. I'll update this review with a ton of pictures when I get a chance so you can see what I'm talking about.

While Film Wizardry provided a whimsical and informative scrapbook for Harry Potter fans and was published prior to the release of the last film, this mammoth book gives readers a more complete account of the entire film-making process, designed in a more classical, sophisticated package. I knew a lot of stuff, granted, but that's what comes with being so immersed in this universe for so long. This is another paragraph Book Description: From the acquisition of the film rights to the casting of Harry, Ron, and Hermione and the assembly of the creative team, Harry Potter: Page to Screen is a unique, behind-the-scenes look at the making of one of the most popular film series in cinema history, as told by the people who made the magic real.

This book pays homage to how one film became eight, how a few months became a decade, and how one author’s fantasy became the project of many individuals’ lifetimes-told by the people who were there, the people who made the magic real. It would have been nice to have a ribbon bookmark included for the book though, just as a useful crowning glory. It's a lot to kind of slog through and absorb all at once (even though I read it over the span of a few weeks) - the physical heft of the book should tell you that - but I imagine it'll be a book I'll pull off the shelf many times over the years whenever I do go back and rewatch the films.

Die-hard fans of the books like me may be a bit disappointed that they didn't explain why they made some of the decisions to change the story or remove parts (I'm looking at you Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! So if the Burrow appears in Book 2, address it in the Book 2 'Sets' chapter, but talk about how different it is in Book 2 from Book 7. Välistä faktoja oli väärin (esim asiayhteydestä hoksasi ettei kyse olekaan Harrysta vaan Ronista) ja toistoa oli turhan paljon. You get to read about how all of the sets of each movie were put together, who the directors were, how they found each person etc. I also liked learning about how closely the filmmakers worked with Jo as the books were still in progress at the same time.Whatever shortcomings the films have, you can not deny that a lot of thought went into the making of the films.

Voldemort started out wearing a very thin layer of silk, and as each movie goes on and his power becomes more and more solidified, they added layers on.How I Came To Read This Book: I believe I first saw it in Entertainment Weekly and thought it'd be a good fit for my blog, so I requested a review copy. The Knight Bus was an actual double-decker bus painted purple with a third layer welded on top of it.

The Bottom Line: A wonderful addition to any diehard Potterhead or avid movie fan's collection - but not an incredibly *necessary* one. I am a big fan of the books and then the movies, and I always wondered how they adapted those wonderful books for the big screen.Although there are mentions of her collaboration in the book, it would have been nice to read her thoughts on seeing her magical world on the big screen. A serious Potter collector will want this book to put on their bookshelf next to the Rowling novels. slytherin common room The Slytherin common room has a completely different atmosphere than Gryffindor’s. You can look into the different classrooms of professors, read The Daily Prophet, check out The Weasleys' tent at the Quidditch World Cup, marvel at the different broomstick designs, etc. The way to go would have been to be able to read right through the seven books when we started,” Craig laughs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment