276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Neverending Story: Michael Ende (A Puffin Book)

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The first volume of the bewitching ‘Chrestomanci’ series by Diana Wynne Jones. Charmed Life arrives in an explosion of magic in this edition illustrated by Alison Bryant and introduced by Katherine Rundell.

The Old Man of Wandering Mountain (German: Der Alte vom Wandernden Berge) is an elderly chronicler (German: Chronist) whose chronicle contains all events in Fantastica. He lives alone in an egg-shaped home on top of the Wandering Mountain, which can be found only by chance or fate. The Old Man appears in the story when the Childlike Empress is forced to use drastic measures to make Bastian fulfill his part in the story. As she approaches his mountain, the Old Man tries to dissuade her from entering to the point of insulting her. On her request, the Old Man reads from his chronicle (starting with Bastian entering the book store). As he reads, all events happen again and as they happen again, he writes them down again beginning a vicious circle of eternal repetition which drives Bastian into calling out the Empress' new name. Threehead is a three-headed knight and Xayide's servant in the 1995 animated series voiced by James Rankin. Each of his personalities are represented by a different head that pops up depending on his mood. The blue-haired head is his happiness and loyalty, red-haired his sadness and fear, and green-haired his anger and envy. The Storm Runneris a great introduction to Mayan mythology, but the adventure story is the main draw to this book, with a self-deprecating hero, modern humour, and excitement to the bitter end. It also became clear during this half of the book that Bastian is a very different character to the imaginative, but lonely child of the film. While the book initially begins with the book shop owner describing Bastian as weak and cowardly, this I put down to the grumpiness of the old man rather than any inherent flaws on Bastian's part. Likewise when the narrative described him as fat and pasty and bow legged I believed this translation error.

The first adventure in the Folio Society editions of ‘The Magic Faraway Tree’ series, Enid Blyton’s The Enchanted Wood features Jonathan Burton’s enchanting illustrations and a new introduction by Michael Morpurgo.

En este viaje, acompañaremos y conoceremos a Bastián Baltasar Bux, un niño de once años que ama los libros, pero que sufre de bullying por parte de sus compañeros. Él, entrará en la librería del señor Koreander para esconderse justamente de ellos y allí, resultará cometiendo el acto más criminal que ha hecho en su corta vida: Robarse un libro. Desde ese momento, Bastián por miedo a que lo capturen y envíen a la cárcel por su hurto, se esconderá en el desván de su colegio e iniciará a leer el libro que tomó: La Historia Interminable. Bastián, nos recordará nuestra vida como lectores. Situaciones como leer hasta dormirnos, preocuparnos por el destino de los personajes del libro, emocionarnos con frenesí o que seamos vistos como extraños por preferir leer un libro que ir a una reunión o una fiesta, son solo algunos ejemplos de lo identificados que podemos sentirnos con Bastián, o por lo menos en la primera mitad del libro.Tinys — a race of tiny people that ride on racing snails. They are quite sophisticated, but due to their size, they live in trees, erecting entire villages whose dwellings are connected by a huge number of ladders, slides, and stairways. Much of what I read captured me, putting me in a state in which I was accessing stirred-up feelings through a strange inner memory that I’m incapable of generating even partly on my own, without help, as an adult. The inability to directly replicate the magical feelings that used to be a normal part of our existence as children, yet somehow being aware of them in some odd way now is, in part, I think, why our childhood has the power to affect us so greatly. Even though past thought-processes can’t be fully realized, our greater psyche has a keen memory of them -- it knows exactly what once existed. And sometimes we can reinvigorate hints of what we felt during parts of youth through songs, pictures, books, and movies; and if it’s something that was specifically wonderful to us as children, all the more magical and powerful our hint of feeling now will be, if triggered properly. Mi aventura con La Historia Interminable comenzó a finales del 2015, en una época muy problemática y difícil de mi vida donde, sin importar lo que hiciera, todo me salía mal. Ese año estuvo colmado de tantos problemas y cambios repentinos, que no pude evitar entrar en depresión. Todo el tiempo sentía confusión, tristeza, desesperanza, indecisión, infelicidad y una falta de amor y confianza en mí mismo, que me dejo tan desanimado y con tanta negatividad, que me estaba destruyendo por completo. Nunca le mencioné esto a mi familia porque no quería preocupar a mis seres queridos, pero en mi interior me sentía tan mal, que muchas veces mi único deseo era dormir para olvidar mis problemas: Pensar se había convertido en mi tortura. La única solución que se me ocurrió fue buscar en Internet alternativas para curarme, de esa forma encontré sinfín de libros de autoayuda y consejos como hacer yoga, un diario, etc., pero que tras intentarlo no me ayudaban en nada. Entonces, repentinamente un día, mi hermano lleno de emoción me contó que había escuchado un audiolibro maravilloso, declaró ser su nuevo libro favorito y me lo recomendó para que lo disfrutara también. El nombre de ese libro era La Historia Interminable. Ese día, aunque captó mi atención, lo ignoré. No estaba acostumbrado a leer digitalmente, no tenía ganas de comprar libros y mucho menos deseaba escuchar un audiolibro porque no podía concentrarme con tantos problemas. En ese tiempo desconocía por completo que un libro de fantasía tendría la llave de mi paz interior.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment