276°
Posted 20 hours ago

CTO (Color Temperature Orange) Warming Gel Filter Selection Kit 8 x 8 Inches

£16.175£32.35Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The reason shadows on the face may look green when shooting indoor portraits is the inherent green in fluorescent lighting. The green comes from an inconsistency in tint that comes from indoor fluorescent lights. If the light is green enough you may need to add green color gels to your strobe. This is less common now that LEDs are more widely used. Purchasing and Attaching Gels Thankfully though, in todays setup I will be showing you how to mix coloured gels with incredible ease, in fact it’s so easy, we’ll only be using one light to do it! A color gel or color filter ( Commonwealth spelling: colour gel or colour filter), also known as lighting gel or simply gel, is a transparent colored material that is used in theater, event production, photography, videography and cinematography to color light and for color correction. [1] Modern gels are thin sheets of polycarbonate, polyester or other heat-resistant plastics, [2] placed in front of a lighting fixture in the path of the beam.

Color gel - Wikipedia Color gel - Wikipedia

Switching to a 1/4 and 1/2 CTS, should help de-emphasize the groom's sunburn and still give the bride a nice natural but slightly warm color. I'm going to warm up the WB as I add or increase the gels. I want the WB to be a touch cooler than the light from the flash and, if possible the ambient light in between the two. CTO and CTB gels also come in a variety of strengths; 1/2 CTO, 1/4 CTO, 1/8 CTO & 1/2 CTB, 1/4 CTB, and 1/8th CTB. Gels at a fraction of the strength are referred to as a light balancing gels. They are useful for warming or cooling certain light sources, as opposed to fully converting a light source.Being made of plastic, flash gels are pretty durable. They don't tear easily, and while they can get scratched or fold marks, these don't affect the lighting. In hindsight, I realised that I didn’t even need to cut up old gels at all. If I just wanted two gel colours together, I could simply tape any two gels side by side and then remove the tape afterwards. It doesn’t matter if you’re using full size gels or small gel off-cuts, as long as it covers the front of the optical snoot, any size will be fine. Thanks for responding. That was what I concluded. I wonder if I should go with a CTS. I'm basing it on this thread I started. Again using CTO I can always warm things up a little during PP. I do like the look Neil gets in his work.

Balancing Color for Flash and Ambient Light using Gels

The most common gels used on a production are the blues and oranges to either warm up or cool off the color temperature of a lamp. Full CTB (Color Temperature Blue) is a fairly deep blue that will correct a 3200K tungsten lamp to daylight color temp (although you will lose two stops of output in the process.) Conversely, Full CTO (Color Temperature Orange) is a strong orange that will correct a 5500K daylight lamp like an HMI to 3200K balance to match a tungsten lamp, more or less.In reality, there are any number of colour combos we can create here and you can place any two gels together that you like. In fact, you don’t even need to stop at just two gels and I even created 3 strips of colour for a couple of setups, but more on that later. The White Paper" (PDF). www.etconsult.com. Archived from the original (PDF) on 13 August 2006 . Retrieved 12 January 2022. If you're photographing with an older flash, it may only go down to 1/16th power, which can be too much. (Most modern flashes go down to 1/128 power).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment