276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Unofficial Ultimate Harry Potter Spellbook, The: A complete reference guide to every spell in the wizarding world (Unofficial Harry Potter Reference Library)

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Seen/Mentioned: Jacob's sibling used this spell to repel an Acromantula that guarded the Forest Vault in the Forbidden Forest. Seen/Mentioned: Used (to no avail) in 1993 by Hermione Granger to attempt to reveal any hidden writing in a diary. https://www.pottermore.com/news/watch-the-new-trailer-for-new-mobile-game-harry-potter-hogwarts-mystery Unbreakable Vow: causes the vow being taken by the witch or wizard to be inviolable with the consequence of death if it is breeched Effect: Used to torture the victim by creating intense and dangerous pain in the body. Known as the Cruciatus Curse, it’s one of the three Unforgivable Curses. D

Effect: Provoke a large explosion capable of destroying walls. This is a more powerful version of the Bombarda charm. C I Illegibilus Type: Charm Pronunciation: i-LEDJ-i-bull-is Description: Makes writing impossible to read. Immobulus (Freezing Charm) Type: Charm Pronunciation: ih-MOH-byoo-luhs Description: Immobilises and stops the actions of the target. It works both on living and inanimate things. Seen/Mentioned: Hermione used it 1992 to freeze two Cornish Pixies. [51] Horace Slughorn used Freezing Charms to disable a Muggle Burglar Alarm. [52] Etymology: From the Latin “immobilis”, meaning immovable. Impedimenta (Impediment Jinx) Type: Jinx Pronunciation: im-ped-ih-MEN-tah Description: Slows down or stops the target. Seen/Mentioned: Used in 1995 when Harry was practising for the Third Task of the Triwizard Tournament. In 1996, Harry saw in a memory that James Potter used it on Severus Snape. Also used in 1997 by Harry against the Inferi and Snape. Stronger uses of this spell seem capable of blowing targets away. Etymology: Latin impedimentum (plural impedimenta), "a hindrance" or "an impediment". Imperio (Imperius Curse)With November 2016’s Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and November 2018’s Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, J.K. Rowling came up with several new spells that should be considered canon. Here are the new spells we pulled from her screenplays, which were released concurrently with the movies.

Print your own Harry Potter Book of Spells complete with wand motions, pronunciations, spell meanings, and uses. A spell book is a great addition to a Harry Potter party and take home gift for party guests. Effect: With light filaments coming from the wand of the witch or wizard casting the spell, the hands of the two people who made the vow will be tied together. The consequence of breaking an Unbreakable Vow is dead. V Effect: Make the internal space of an object bigger without changing the outside dimensions. Commonly used in tents, vehicles, and tents. The object’s weight will not be changed by its content. Effect: Duplicate an object. The curse version of this charm will duplicate the object indefinitely.

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Effect: A jinx placed on a word and revealing to the caster the position of anyone who speaks the taboo word. For each spell, I also included pronunciations, a common name, and what the spells are used for. The end of the book has extra information and terminology relating to spells. There is also room for you to add your own spells. For my son’s Harry Potter, I simply printed the spell books on white paper. Here I have one printed on resume paper to mimic parchment paper. Choose whatever paper works for you. The kids will love it either way. So I created my own Book of Spells that includes wand motions. I used wand motions from Kano’s Harry Potter Coding Wand and the Harry Potter Wizard Training Wand. Seen/Mentioned: Used by Fleur Delacour in 1994 to extinguish her skirt, which had caught flame during a fight against a dragon. [2] Harry used this spell twice in 1997, both on the same night; once to attempt to provide a drink for Dumbledore, [4] then again to help douse Hagrid's hut after it was set aflame by Thorfinn Rowle, who used the Fire-Making Spell. [5]

Seen/Mentioned: Harry Potter summoned his broom to complete the first task of the Triwizard Tournament in 1994, and to summon the Portkey to escape Voldemort and the Death Eaters in the Little Hangleton graveyard in 1995. Also, in the Battle of the Seven Potters Harry summoned Hagrid when he fell. Molly Weasley used it to get the twins' candy. The twins used it to summon their brooms from Dolores Umbridge's office Effect: Fires a rope of light to pull the target toward the caster or, if the target can’t be moved, will pull the caster toward the target. The Unofficial Ultimate Harry Potter Spellbook is a stunning, tasteful reference that lists all the spells that have been used in the Harry Potter movies, novels, video games, card games, and authorised spinoffs like Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. More than 240 spells, charms, curses, hexes, and jinxes are included, in addition to a list of magical items.Seen/Mentioned: Used by Horace Slughorn, cast upon Marcus Belby when the latter choked on a pheasant in 1996. Turns any item into a Portkey, which can then be used to transport a person or persons to another location. Causes lacerations to appear all over an opponent’s body, as if they had been cut by an invisible sword

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment