276°
Posted 20 hours ago

On Stage

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Sixteenth Century Greensleeves is almost like another song, if you compare this with the version found on the debut. 3:29 has become 7:37. So, what's the difference? First of all, it has a calm two and a half minute long guitar intro. There's so much more emotions here than in the debut! Overall, this is truly an excellent and very memorable live record I have ever heard even though this album came out way a b Ginsberg, Geoff. "Rainbow On Stage review". AllMusic. All Media Network . Retrieved 4 December 2013. Tom Kane (22 November 2010). "Rainbow-'Kill the King' (Live)-1976". YouTube. Archived from the original on 11 December 2021 . Retrieved 2 October 2018. Rainbow - Over the Rainbow / Kill the King Live in Nuremberg 9/28/76". YouTube. 14 April 2012. Archived from the original on 2 April 2017 . Retrieved 2 October 2018.

Unlike the studio album from the previous year this live album gives us the complete overview of what Rainbow was all about. It's true that I was hoping that their studio albums would incorporate some of these wild and over-the-top jams sessions but to have a whole album filled with this material gets quite excessive. Especially since On Stage is almost double as long Rising! Although the set list is a bit confusing (Kill the King was still an unreleased song, while the recent Rising is For me personally, Rainbow is a great band with its own sound. This live album strats wonderfully with the intro and kid's The single "Kill the King/Man on the Silver Mountain/Mistreated" was released in the UK in September 1977. This was Rainbow's debut in the UK Singles Chart, peaking at No. 44. [13] After the commercial success of " Since You Been Gone", " All Night Long" and " I Surrender", "Kill the King" was re-released in 1981 this time climbing to No. 41. [13] Songwriter and lead singer Ronnie James Dio claimed that the violent imagery in the song is actually about a chess game. [14]a b "Rainbow - Man on the Silver Mountain live in Tokyo 12/16/1976 Afternoon Show". YouTube. 26 February 2014. Archived from the original on 2 April 2017 . Retrieved 2 October 2018. The so-called reason for Ritchie to leave "Purple" was their new bluesy orientation. Great. So please tell me why he needed to LP, intead of the double album format elsewhere. It was a butcher's work that fans never forgave. I had Only that a part of Ritchie guitar solo here is just a waste of time. Apart from that, Dio does a great vocal performance. I usually dislike live albums. Why? Because the production is usually worse than on the studio albums, the band plays the same songs the same way, so what you usually get is the same as on the studio albums but worse. There are exceptions of course. This is one of the best live albums ever recorded. The production is very good (mine has the words 'Rainbow remasters' printed on it). Produced by Martin Birch. Sounds familiar? Martin Birch was responsible for much of Maiden's production.

I'm not even complaining about the lenght of this version (almost double the original) since "Purple Mark III" did the same during Ritchie guitr riffs, Tony Carey's keyboard, and jaw dropping drum work by Cozy Powell (RIP). As far as bet concern, I think,album ! This is even more a shame that only one song from their great album "Rising" is featured here. No "Tarot This compilation (P) & (C) 2012 Polydor Ltd. (UK). Polydor Records is a Universal Music Group company.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment