276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ASUS RT-AX86U Pro (AX5700) Dual Band WiFi 6 Extendable Gaming Router, 2.5G Port, Gaming Port, Mobile Game Mode, Port Forwarding, Subscription-free Network Security, VPN, AiMesh Compatible

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’d say the two are very similar, Joe, on all counts. I’m a bit leaning toward the Pro since it has some emotional value, but I’d say just get whichever is cheaper, and the GT is great and has that cool Aura Light. This router is not taking technology any further and it seems to be a rehash of RT-AX6000 with few USB Port changes. the volume of network traffic, building material and construction, and network overhead, result in lower

RT-AX86U Dual Band WiFi 6 Gaming Router, - ASUS

The results in my testing, so far … the rt-ax86u pro is a solid router that works very well with my rt-ax82u in mesh. No resets, everything is communicating well, and both the app and web gui work flawlessly. Post 48 hours … Zero issues. The RT-AX86U Pro is significantly less expensive, of course, and I prefer its profile. The RT-AX88U Pro has a rather huge footprint, although it is very well suited for placing on a laptop cooling pad, if you wanted to. My question is: Can I still use multiple devices on just the one USB port? , ie how many can I “daisy chain” off a hub?I notice that this now has only one USB port. Yes, I know you are only supposed to use one, but I have four devices attached to mine and they work very well , as I only use them for storage now and then.

RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) - Tech Specs - ASUS RT-AX86 Series(RT-AX86U/RT-AX86S) - Tech Specs - ASUS

The second currently available AX86-series model is AX86S. This one has dual-core CPU, 512MB RAM and no 2.5GbE port. I have a 3,000 square foot two-story house, with the RT-AX86U Pro on the second floor, all the way on one side. And without any AiMesh nodes or any other help — just the router providing a signal — I can connect easily while outside on the other side of my home. That’s 50-60 feet away with several walls and other obstacles in the way. Reply Like the original poster, I was looking to decide between the AX86U Pro and AX88U Pro. I read through this thread and have now looked at the GT-AX6000 as well. I'm not sure I understand the benefits of the GT-AX6000 compared to the other two. Despite having new hardware specs and features, the RT-AX88U Pro proved to be a standard Asus router in my trial.

Like all Asus routers with two or more Multi-Gig ports, the RT-AX88U Pro's 2.5GbE WAN port doesn't work as a LAN port. Out of the box, my review unit used a pre-released firmware version -- similar to the case of the GT6.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment