276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Ninja CFP201 DualBrew System 12-Cup Coffee Maker, Single-Serve for Grounds & K-Cup Pod Compatible, 3 Brew Styles, 60-oz. Water Reservoir & Carafe, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Beyond the Ninja DualBrew Pro, there are a few other options on the market when it comes to coffee makers with K-cup integrations. The DualBrew Pro appears to have the most options and versatility when it comes to brewing.

Ninja Single-Serve Pods and Grounds Specialty Coffee Maker Ninja Single-Serve Pods and Grounds Specialty Coffee Maker

There are clean cycles for each mode: grounds, pods, and hot water. For grounds, make sure the coffee maker is in that mode and the brew basket is installed. You’ll fill the water tank with a descaling solution or white vinegar, and the carafe should be placed below to hold the dirty water. You just press the clean and start brew buttons and let the machine do its thing. It should take about 75 minutes. You’ll want to run a classic brew with just water to rinse out the machine after, and you’ll be good to go. The same steps are taken with the pod mode, only the K-cup adapter will be installed. For the hot water mode, ensure you’ve got the knob on the side switched to the water droplet. That’s it for maintenance, making for super manageable upkeep.The milk frother is a nice feature as well, and easy to use and remove to clean. It does not have a heated element like a steam wand you might find on an espresso machine, but at this price point, and the fact that it stores on-board and takes up minimal space, it is convenient. This was my preferred method because it uses less waste than pods, and I was able to add more grounds if I wanted a stronger brew. I found that the Ninja DualBrew Pro did an effective job of saturating the coffee grounds so my brew was rich and balanced every time. Test 3 - Frothing Milk If you and your partner or roommate can’t agree on whether you want pods or grounds, or if you like the flexibility of having both options then the Ninja® PB051 Pods & Grounds Specialty Single-Serve Coffee Maker can’t be beat. The ability to brew either pods or grounds — and brew them both well — is not something you see in most machines. Add in the 4 oz. specialty option and the milk frother, and you have a machine that can do it all. After 3 minutes, it finished brewing and had a temperature of 110°F / 43°C. That was slightly colder than I expected, but that could’ve been due to the vessel I put it in. You can also use K-cups with the specialty brew setting, and it yields similar results. As someone who owns a Breville espresso machine and uses it regularly, this espresso-type brew doesn’t compare. There was no golden crema on top - not that I expected there to be. It also didn’t have the same robust, bold flavor I expect from espresso. Instead, it just tasted slightly stronger than normal coffee.

Ninja® DualBrew Pro Specialty Coffee System Ninja® DualBrew Pro Specialty Coffee System

For the over-ice brew, Ninja says that it’ll produce a more concentrated brew and suggests that you fill whatever vessel the coffee is dispensing into full of ice. I followed the instructions and made the same 8oz brew, which took just under 3.5 minutes. Some of the ice melted, while the drink’s temperature immediately after brewing was 42°F / 5°C. As an avid iced coffee drinker, I really wanted this feature to work great, and to my surprise, it did. Unlike when you throw ice cubes in hot coffee, it wasn’t watered down, plus it was cool and refreshing as soon as it finished brewing.The Keurig K-Duo is perhaps the first that comes to mind, straight from Keurig itself. The boxy side-by-side model has its standard K-cup brewer on one side, and a 12-cup carafe and heat plate for drip coffee. They both share the same 60 oz. water reservoir and switching between brew settings are as simple as selecting a cup or carafe. Most reviewers are full of praise for this coffee maker. They love the ability to make drip coffee as well as use K-cups in a single appliance. Most comment on the fact that it keeps partners happy - everyone gets their favorite type of hot drink without arguments. Most users love the taste of their coffee and plenty of people think that toying with the different flavor setting has led them to get even more out of their favorite pods.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment