276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Written in the Stars: A Novel

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But with a few conditions: Darcy must help Elle navigate her own overbearing family over the holidays and their arrangement expires on New Year’s Eve. While I completely understand why this thought may manifest in someone who is used to Western notions of romance, I would like to offer up my own two cents. I didn't think anything could get worse, but today, for the first time, I know what it is like to feel completely broken. All aspects of a village culture- the lifestyle, dressing, food, beverages, et cetera are brilliantly covered.

Unfortunately, the plague of such marriages against will is deeply enrooted in many parts of the world and knows no boundaries of country, race or religion. As a result, This may see like too much involvement for some, but for Naila culture, it's a deep level of trust and love for her parents that motivates her to accept this.Something about watching that ice slowly start to melt, always makes me believe in the potential romance even more. The first thing I want to say is that I really liked the story itself, recommend it to anyone who's interested, and it would make an amazing movie. Life hasn't been easy, but it gets less painful every day, and as I look at Saif, I know that love - in its essence, at its core - is the most bittersweet thing there is. In addition, Written in the Stars explore the struggles of living in America while connecting with your roots and trying to make a room for yourself to grow on your own.

I thought he was fine for a secondary character but I think he would get on my nerves for a main character so I’ll probably pass. also, as someone who had a childhood obsession with the 60s/70s sitcom bewitched, all the references to the show made me super happy 🥰 oh, my stars! Why she was so in knots over this impossible woman who had her head in the clouds and wore her heart on her sleeve. I didn't expect the same level of anger and heartbreak as Naila's situation went from not-so-great to down right horrifying. With the craziness of this year, I have found myself seeking out cute and charming stories more than usual.But the worst does happen, and Naila suddenly finds herself whisked off to Pakistan, far away from the boy she loves and a life she wants. I've gotta think about it bc at some parts my heart hurt for Naila but I wasn't able to relate to this book which has left me disappointed. but will they be able to keep it up without developing feelings for one another, despite their obvious differences? Her unapologetic use of cultural phrases, integrating Urdu language into her narrative and dialogue so effortlessly is something worth taking note of. So I understood why her parents were strict: they viewed it as a way of protection for their daughter.

But Naila's vacation soon takes a horrifying turn when she finds out her parents' ulterior motives, and she is quickly caught in a vicious, inescapable nightmare without any hope of escape. I'll admit - I have my own occasional moments where I have to battle relatives suffocating me with prospects of future arranged marriage and I'm only 17! As a desi, I think it’s so important for us to see representation, and as a desi from an upper middle class family, I can tell it’s important to talk about the kind of horrors that some arranged marriages can cause in small villages in Pakistan. i absolutely loved the development of darcy and elle’s relationship for most of the book and thought that they had great chemistry.Elle Jones, one of the astrologers behind the popular Twitter account Oh My Stars, dreams of finding her soul mate. As an individual who has limited knowledge about countries' culture, I am glad that I learned about these, through this novel. Two, this is a situation that some of them can probably relate to and stories like that are so important , especially for young people. Moving on from the subject matter, I thought I’d talk a little about the portrayal of Pakistani culture. I feel like I don't have the right to state my opinion on it so I won't in this review, but I did think about the whole thing a great deal.

His involvement and meddling is supposedly affecting Darcy’s and Elle’s relationship positively; it’s him, after all, who sets them up and his meddling “helps” them along the way. Thereafter, her ordeal and struggle against an arranged marriage begins – an ordeal which everyone around her perceives as being Written in the Stars.This was such an important distinction because there are some cultures and religions that get a lot of flack about arranged marriages in general. Some conservative families warm up to Western culture when moving to the US/Europe, some cling even more vigorously to their old traditions. I love the characters, I love the talk of astronomy and astrology and I just related so hard to Darcy and Elle for different reasons. This romance was so nice and sweet, but it was also deliciously steamy at times, the perfect mix and what I want in my romances. It's always nice when a book brings up something that makes you slowly set the book down, stare into the cloudy sky, and really think in depth about what you just read.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment