276°
Posted 20 hours ago

No Breathing in Class

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The 2008 version of this video is the second most popular video on the channel, with over 8.3 million views as of March 2020. This book can be used across the curriculum especially in English creative writing, in art and also in looking at different perspectives in PSHE. The illustrations really capture the poems and enhance the storylines so could be used as an independent or as guided reading in KYS2.

My favourites are 'Strict', which is where the title comes from and 'The Register'. The first is an hilarious account of a ludicrously strict teacher who insists on 'no breathing in class!', much to the bewilderment of her pupils who try desperately not to incur her wrath. I definitely remember teachers at school who were insanely strict and spent a lot of time bellowing for no reason. Michael being strung up from the wall bars has been used to indicate him being captured, surprised or scared. It is a book that not only young learners would enjoy but also some poems would be amusing for adults. It is an opportunity to view school life from a child’s perspective and have a laugh at ourselves as adults. Michael saying "No!" is used often in YTPs, the other somewhat more popular alternative being the "No!" from London Airport in which Michael comes across as more defiant and less commanding. Michael saying "Keel over and die" is used very often in YouTube Poops as many involve characters directly threatening each other's lives. It is arguably the most iconic words taken from this video for Poopers.Me. (holds breath, pretends to lift up desk lid, puts head underneath, pants a bit, takes head out, and slams desk shut) And, that was the way to... (thrice) There is one particular poem that I enjoyed called ‘The Register’, Mrs. Riley is trying to get the Class 6 register underway but is also trying to deal with constant interruptions including some easily distracted students, a missing class snail, school dinner issues, funny questions about the class trip which all combine in making Mrs. Riley a very disheveled and crazed looking teacher.

This is a wonderful and easy reading book combining poetry with mad anecdotes and comical illustrations. The content includes poems such as ‘Unfair’, ‘Strict’, ‘I think’, ‘Cool School’ etc. These titles should capture a child’s curiosity as it is a poetry book written from a child’s perspective. The poems are an introduction to the fun side of rhyme and would be a good introduction to creative poetry and writing. There is a rhythmic feel but the poems do not conform to a strict formula. All have funny anecdotes regarding topics from sport, strict teachers, and escaped class pets to gymnastic traumas.In MechaWeegee91's 12th installment of "Link and the Hyrule Gang", King Harkinian references the story by interrupting Zelda's advice to Link, leaving Link confused.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment