276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bound by Honey: A Cozy Fantasy Romance

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Definitely recommend this to fantasy readers who are looking for a fun, sweet, fast-paced story with just a little bit of romance (no spice, just sweet with one fade to black moment). Although this queen had been laying with an amazing brood pattern just two weeks prior, she was now failing and the bees knew this from the beginning.

The excess comb was a regrettable waste of energy/material on their part, but not my main concern (I simply removed it). Combine that with a resourceful potion making-librarian, a charismatic gargoyle and four charming fae and you have the perfect recipe for great friendships and exciting adventures. Looking in the brood boxes of a hive, you can expect to see cells with brood, pollen, nectar, water and honey. Well, perhaps a wee bit of gargoyles with secret chambers and underground tunnels; princes and poisons; quests chockfull of adventure…and a tale in which the men are protective of the females rather than possessive. I enjoyed this book but I was not able to get fully into the story, as I felt that the characters were somewhat distant and hard to connect with.in regards to the first question and it relationship to swarming I think it is better to think of the process as two steps 1) being 'honey bond' and 2) 'back filling the brood nest'. In addition, the queen cups with eggs I had seen the day before had been completely removed by the bees. I knew if Brian and I could not get a queen today it would be a week before we would be able to go in the hive and install a new queen. In your case the bees created queen cells some weeks ago and have done so again after the cells were broken down.

To help prevent this hive from swarming, three days prior, I exchanged four of Squill’s honey bound frames with empty drawn comb from a starving hive in the apiary. As a result of that fact, coupled with the fact that there really were no more than one "real" brood frames to move, I moved the only frame of mixed-brood up and did not break up the lower-box "brood frame area.At that point you can determine whether they have any flow going on, check for Queen cells, and evaluate whether or not you should start feeding again. A hive generally has two brood boxes—the larger boxes in which the bees lives year-round—and honey supers are stacked on top of those boxes during the spring and summer months to give the hive extra room. A previous thread, someone pointed out that honey bound means a large band of capped honey/syrup across the top that deters the queen from crossing it into the next chamber. Frames can be removed or more honey supers added if the upper brood box is nearly full of honey and the bottom box is filled to 40 percent or higher capacity.

Over all this stand alone novella in Starry Kingdoms of the Fae Collection is one of the sweetest books I've read in a while, and am looking forward to adding a physical copy to my collection soon!Also given how short the book was, there were many plot points brought up in the book that I would have loved to get more detail on, and I think the author has a lot of potential to expand upon this world if possible. The plot is well written and the world building is phenomenal, it makes you feel like your really there in the fantasy world. I loved Sage, and it was so fun seeing my current favorite coffee in a book because it's not super common. A "honeybound" brood chamber is one where almost all of the cells have been filled with nectar/honey rather than with eggs.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment