276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mocktails: The Complete Bartender's Guide

£7.495£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Pepperpot Diaries is Andi Oliver's long-awaited first cookbook. Showcasing both traditional and new recipes, cherished ingredients and vibrant flavours from across the Caribbean, let Andi Oliver take you on an exploration of identity and heritage as she shows you how to create simple yet sensational dishes that will bring the unbeatable flavours of Caribbean cooking to your table.

Each recipe begins with a very brief and serviceable but dull introduction. These tiny writeups mostly consist of tasting notes as well as ingredient substitutions. I would have loved some history on the drink or its unusual ingredients. But, I did enjoy the cool drink names like the Grecian Lady, Pac Man, and Pearls and Lace! Travel through time and across the globe to grasp the ongoing story of beer, its heritage, and its innovation. Learn how to pair beer with food and cook with it. But always return to what really matters: that miraculous glass of cold, liquid joy. This book contains everything you need to know to make miked drinks- alcohol-free of course. This is not an apology that you can not have the alcoholic version, so hey, here is one without. It is a celebration of various drinks that all happen to not contain alcohol. I rarely drink alcohol because I take medication that does play nice with alcohol. But I do like the fancy drinks at times. Maybe it's just the juice? Anyway, I saw this book and wanted to read it. I want to thank the publisher and NetGalley for letting me do just that. All told, this book has dozens of recipes for drinks that can be served for many different occasions. It will be used often by those who like innovative, fun beverages.One thing I like about this is that there is such a wide variety of drinks, from sweet to sour to savory. None of the instructions are too difficult and the ingredient lists are not too wild. I’ve belonged to the same neighborhood book club for nearly 20 years and the participants are all well-read, professional, and now mostly retired grandmothers who love all book genres but will never, ever buy that tote bag that says “Why does my wine club insist on reading books?” Why? Well, we’re in Utah, where only 12.4% of the population drinks regularly (but only the third “most sober” state after Tennessee and West Virginia, which confuses me). Anyway, our book club meetings tend to have elaborate food offerings (often themed from the book, so you know what we’ll have when we read “The Magic of the Lemon Drop Pie” in a couple of months). But drinks…are boring. As this handbook states, alcohol-free or “virgin” drinks don’t have to be boring. You can balance flavors and create presentations that are exciting. Try one of the 50 recipes perfected by some of the world's best bartenders, and discover the fascinating story of the ingredient behind every well-made drink. The story of food captured in this book will take readers on a journey around the melting pot of cultural influences, history and heritage that has uniquely shaped traditional and contemporary Caribbean cuisine. Through her travels in Antigua, Andi shares her deeply personal journey on reconnecting with the food she grew up eating - the flavours and ingredients that run through her heart and soul - and what the future might hold for Caribbean cookery. This book explores who we were, who we are, and where we're going - all through the food we eat and the people we meet along the way.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment