276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory [2015]

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Soundbite: "You don't know whether chimps are going to kill you or kiss you. They're very open on some levels and much more evil in a certain way" Yeah, it's watching the Teletubbies and The Wiggles. I just have a much cheerier outlook. I'm a happy person! Burton immediately brought regular collaborators Johnny Depp and Danny Elfman aboard. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory represents the first time since The Nightmare Before Christmas that Elfman contributed to the film score using written songs and his vocals. Filming took place from June to December 2004 at Pinewood Studios in the United Kingdom, where Burton avoided using digital effects as much as possible. You shot Charlie And The Chocolate Factory on real sets built at Pinewood Studios as opposed to using a lot of CGI. Was that a big help to you and your cast?

But, the real star of this film was Charlie (Freddie Highmore), who was the only sane child that arrived at the factory. He was surrounded by four of the most obnoxious children (and their obnoxious parents) that I have ever seen. They got what they deserved. How important was it to have the co-operation of the Dahl family and his widow Felicity on this movie? Selected items are only available for delivery via the Royal Mail 48® service and other items are available for delivery using this service for a charge.Development for another adaptation of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, filmed previously as Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, began in 1991, 20 years after the first film version, which resulted in Warner Bros providing the Dahl Estate with to artistic control. Prior to Burton's involvement, directors such as Gary Ross, Rob Minkoff, Martin Scorsese, and Tom Shadyac had been involved, while Warner Bros. either considered or discussed the role of Willy Wonka with Nicholas Cage, Jim Carrey, Michael Keaton, Brad Pitt, Will Smith, and Adam Sandler.

In the last few years your films seem to have become less dark. What do you put this down to - parenthood, perhaps? One way to do it would be to hire a cast of Oompa-Loompas, or the more modern approach would probably be to do them all CG. But I felt the human element was still important to it. Deep looks like an Oompa-Loompa to me. Also it seemed to fit with the Roald Dahl universe. There's something weird about it that seemed appropriate to me. This version of Roald Dahl's story fits in neatly with the other films you've made with Johnny Depp but they tend to exist in quite extreme situations don't they? Very important. I was more nervous of showing them the movie even than the studio because it was their baby. I was really nervous, but they were great all the way through. Felicity's really a great person. Some days later, Wonka's candies are selling poorly and he comes to associate his unhappiness with the financial state of his company, so he makes an effort to find Charlie, whom he stumbles upon when the latter is doing a shoe-shining job. After Charlie discovers Wonka's troubled past, he helps Wonka locate Wilbur. During the visit to Wonka's old household, Charlie discovers Wilbur's display of news articles and other things showing Wonka's achievements and successes as a confectionery businessman, which reveals that the dentist followed his son's success despite his strict prohibition of candy, eventually witnessing the reconciliation between father and son.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment