276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fabric Scoop Elite Saddle

£36.53£73.06Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

ALM and Line saddles all use the Shallow shape – it’s the most universal of all saddle shapes to cover a broader range of ride positions. Generally, you can go bigger but if you go thinner than your sit bones suggest, this can prove a little less comfortable. Should I buy a Line or a Scoop? Ti rails are offered on the Race range and only a little lighter than cromo but they are more flexible and provide the most comfort of all rails. Choose this for long periods of time in the saddle. Heavier riders (over 100kg) can buy this but it will feel a bit too soft for them Honestly, it can all get a bit much, and so I'm delighted to save you about an hour of wading through the entire range by telling you that the Fabric Race Line Shallow is a fantastic all-round saddle that will probably suit the majority of bottoms and riding styles; it's the saddle you should probably go out and buy right now. No, really.

By far the most common size sold by ourselves and others is 142mm and reflects the majority of people out there. Fabric does a complete range of Scoop saddles at other price points and widths, to suit different riding styles, including designs for racier or more relaxed riding positions. I think the thing that impressed me most was that, during the whole time testing it, I didn't really have to think about it much at all – surely the sign of an excellent saddle, one that doesn't give any niggles, or uncomfortable numb feeling during the ride whatsoever. The Scoop has been around for a number of years, having originally being known under the Charge brand (Fabric became an off-shoot of Charge bikes). I've ridden loads of them on various different test bikes over the years and owned a couple myself and the shape of each model has always sat well with me, excuse the pun. The Shallow is slightly flatter than the Radius but still has a dip in the middle, this is more universal and can be used for many applications. The padding is between that of the Radius and Flat.The Fabric Scoop Pro Flat version that we tested has a flat profile designed for aggressive riding positions and carbon rails with a nylon base. I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's going to be the out and out best choice of saddle for serious mile-munching, but for me it's ideal for my usual training distance of about 50-60 miles. At this mileage I suffered zero numbness in the perineum, and I didn't get soreness anywhere either.

Our state-of-the-art Line saddle design builds in comfort to every ride. Our unique three-part construction strips away the compression and tension found in traditional hard, stretched-cover saddles. We do this by bonding a waterproof microfiber straight onto a flexible base, allowing us to use a softer foam, giving you added comfort, wherever you're headed.

Selle Italia T2 Gel Flow Ltd Edition Open-Fit Saddle

The Scoop has been around a fair few years now and has a well-deserved reputation for being a very comfortable saddle for smashing out the miles. This titanium-railed version continues the theme, impressing with its levels of comfort, build quality and value. Carbon rails are the lightest and stiffest (a little stiffer than Cromo) so best for race applications such as Crits or short ride where pedalling support is quite important for putting out the watts. Most hardened derrieres can do long rides on these no problem. These have a weight limit of 100Kg. What is the torque setting for the carbon rails?

Whatever the performance gains, it certainly looks a much smarter way of doing things, and gives a neat and clean finish. First of all, you can get the Scoop in the three shapes. Flat is for the performance rider as it has the flattest rear section and lowest amount of padding, which suits an aggressive position with a high saddle-to-handlebar drop. A thinner nose allows for better leg movement.

What saddle width am I?

Scoop Flat for a stretched out position on a road race bike. Although this shape is really popular for some on trail mtb also and the majority of our women road racers. Perfect for a big drop from the saddle to the bars and if you use the drops a lot. Radius: The Radius profile has the roundest shape through the rear section with maximum padding and is designed for a more upright riding position where the handlebars are slightly higher than the saddle. Materials Summary:

Even after three years since it launched, Fabric's slightly updated Line Race Shallow is still the sweet spot of saddles in terms of price, comfort and looks, and the good thing is if you want to spend a little less and still get great performance, all you have to do is drop down a rung on the ladder. Verdict On the whole, the Scoop is a great saddle for pretty much every discipline as long as the shape suits you, and with the three options available that should be most people. Verdict

Fabric says, "Go further for longer with the Line saddle. Based on our innovative Scoop saddle, the Line has a single, split piece of waterproof pad with a full-length central relief channel to decrease pressure on the pudendal artery. The Line is specifically designed for comfort on longer days in the saddle.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment