276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Wedding Date: A 'warm, sexy gem of a novel'! (The wedding date, 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I fell in love with Jasmine Guillory’s fresh and charming debut novel, The Wedding Date, so when I saw she had a new book coming out, I knew I had to read it. This author is not a one-hit wonder. I loved The Proposal just as much as at The Wedding Date. Carlos is an amazing man and I want to be besties with Nik and her girls!

When someone asks you to spend your life with him, it shouldn't come as a surprise--or happen in front of 45,000 people.The more this continues, the deeper Alexa's feelings develop for Drew. But she doesn't expect him to feel the same way, although she's afraid to ask him how he feels, since she doesn't think she wants to know the truth. Drew realizes he's never felt this way about anyone before, but he knows once they get more involved, Alexa will hate him, just like all his other exes have. So why take the chance of ruining it? If you�

Luke has no idea what is next for him, but one thing is certain: he wants more from the incredibly smart and sexy woman he hooked up with—even after he learns she’s his new boss. But even if they can find a way to be together that wouldn’t be an ethical nightmare, would such a successful woman really want a tech-world dropout? She hadn’t quite expected them to be at the kiss hello stage yet, but she liked kissing him so much she’d take any excuse to kiss him. This is a romance novel that isn't over the top.. or too graphic. So for my newly fans of romance this would be perfect for you! I don't know what's wrong with people who use the phrase "all your beautiful faces" or the word "we" when grammatically appropriate. The author never explains why this stuff bugs the characters; the observations are just dropped like turds in a pool. One aspect I did really enjoy was how much we learned about Alexa and Drew's careers. This wasn't just all about the romance. There was that but we were also dealing with adults who had lives prior and outside of their romance. I liked seeing that.I love a good, swoony romance, and The Wedding Date really hit the spot for me! I found this book highly entertaining, flirty, fun, and sweet as can be. I recommend it and I’m looking forward to reading more from this author! IS HE NUTS??? Nikole tries to get him to be normal and settle down. She does not want to embarrass him in front of his friends and the world. Her mind is racing because he never even talked to her about these types of feelings and if he had, she would have shut it down. This is not going well and he will not listen to her polite comments... instead he starts to get upset and then storms off, leaving her there. Underneath the sharp barbs they toss at each other is a simmering attraction that won't fade. It builds until they find themselves sneaking off together to release some tension when Alexa isn't looking, agreeing they would end it once the wedding is over. When it’s suddenly pushed up and they only have a few months left of secret rendezvouses, they find themselves regretting that the end is near. Two people this different can’t possibly have a connection other than the purely physical, right? Carlos Ibarra sees this woman a few rows in front of him. When a camera crew starts to approach, Carlos and his sister decide to whisk her away. What starts as a good deed soon becomes something else...and both of them have to thank...

I loved this book! It was a sweet, slow-burn romance full of passion and no over-the-top drama. It was entertainment based purely on the real-life circumstances and situations between Vivian Forest and Malcolm Hudson, ... okay, as real life as one can get being Vivan is in England because her daughter is working as a stylist for the Royal family, and Malcolm is the Queen's private secretary ... their romance was believably sincere and lovely. If by reading this plot summary you think you can guess how the rest of the book will unfold, you're probably right. But the book's predictability doesn't detract from its appeal at all—you can't stop reading because you want to know what will happen, you want to shake Drew and Alexa for not being honest and telling each other how they feel, and you worry some ridiculous artificial barricade will keep them from being happy. If you’ve read The Wedding Date, you know Carlos is best friends with Drew. It was nice to get their little cameo in this book. I hope this series of stand-alones continues. I would love to get a book for either one of Jasmine’s friends. I loved both Dana and Courtney!
Carlos was by far my favorite character in this book. He was such a stand-up guy. He wasn’t independent by a strong and independent woman. I love how devoted he was to his family, how he truly cares for people, and he cooks. Don’t we all want a man to cook for us? I just adored him! Nik was great, too. She has a big heart and is a great friend/woman. The premise of being proposed to at a baseball game (if only it wasn’t a Dodgers game- Go Giants!) and saying no was so creative and fun. I could picture this being turned into a great rom-com movie.

List Chapter or Page:

I'm definitely a big romantic sap, so I guess I'm surprised it's taken me this long to get hooked on the romance genre. I certainly believe in true love, in destiny, but I also look for bright spots in a world that is so angry, so upsetting, so perplexing, so it's no wonder these books have been appealing to me. Beyond that, however, the books I have read over the last year have been well-written, enjoyable, fun, sexy, and utterly compelling, so who could ask for anything more? Both the leads, Vivian and Malcolm, were fun to get to know, especially with the clashes in their personalities and cultures. Of course, she wants to crawl into a hole and hide, but there she is, still in her seat as the game goes on. When the camera crew starts to descend upon her, a guy watching the action from a few rows up takes pity on her, and he and his sister extricate Nik from the imminent media feeding frenzy, and spirit her out of the stadium to the relative safety of her best friends.

Also Maddie barely interacts with her mother. The whole thing was a bizarre choice. I found myself wondering about prior characters since these two were not holding my interest. Also, most of the sex scenes in this book are skipped over, and the two that exist are so short and bland. I was expecting a lot more from a book marketed as romance. Luke and Brendan. They were minor characters, but they were the only gay couple in the book. Again, I felt the representation was great. An interracial couple as the main characters. I didn’t know this going into it, but I was really happy about the representation; I think that’s important! Why have I not read a book about an interracial couple before?!!!! (Can someone recommend me more?)When freelance writer Nikole Paterson goes to a Dodgers game with her actor boyfriend, his man bun, and his bros, the last thing she expects is a scoreboard proposal. Saying no isn't the hard part--they've only been dating for five months, and he can't even spell her name correctly. The hard part is having to face a stadium full of disappointed fans...

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment