276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Top Hat Potty for Newborn Infant Potty Training | Elimination Communication | Includes 100% Cotton Undyed Fleece Cozy | Anti-Slip Rubber Band | for EC Baby Potty Training (Grey)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I had thought that the elastic leg gussets on the newborn fitted diapers would contain runny newborn poop better than prefolds, but the leg holes were so big that they didn't even contain pee! I sure knew right away when she peed, because the pee ran right onto my lap. And in my sleep deprived state it took me two days to remember to put a wool puddle pad in my lap while holding my baby when she wasn't wearing a waterproof diaper cover. Even if the waterproof pouch did get soiled, with the size small gPants, I could simply swap it out. With newborn gPants the entire gPants would need to be changed, since the pouch isn't removable. I am beyond thrilled with how this is working for us. I’m not going to pretend it wasn’t hard work for the first 2 weeks, but so was breastfeeding when he was a newborn and I was determined to give that my best shot too. It was too overwhelming to start pottying with him then but for my next I will start from newborn. Taking charge of the timing - knowing themselves in advance, every time, and doing something about it - that comes much much later; for many children at around conventional potty training age (say, two).

Elimination Communication is also known under many other names such as EC, natural infant hygiene, infant potty training, infant pottying, nappy free toilet training or diaper free. It is a process that can be started right from birth or with a young baby. When to introduce a potty - by Jenn, a customer. Then from what I learned and tips in the books, for a fortnight I pottied him on waking from sleep/naps, during feeds and when he was very clearly pooping. Finley aged 2 months enjoying a chat with daddy on the potty I liked that the Blueberry fitted cloth diapers were made with organic cotton velour. They also snapped down in the front to accommodate the umbilical cord. That's something I should have thought about, since I was planning to cloth diaper from birth. I guess I didn't think much about it, other than that the Workhorse Fitted Diapers could be folded down in front. The gDiapers I used with my first baby fell nicely below the umbilical cord, so that issue just didn't cross my mind when planning for my second baby. My just-turned 8 month old has gone in this every day since we got it and I have ZERO prior EC experience. It’s the perfect height for such a wee bumkim (and wee bum) and is very light. ” Super pleased with how pottying is going for our Finny (born 19 Jan 2021). After about 3-4 weeks of us working on it together since he was 8 weeks old he really started to understand what the potty is for and is now at 14 weeks holding 99% of all poops until we pop him on the potty. Pees are still illusive and done on timing if I am spending time focussing on him, or in a nappy if out and about or with other people.On our bed I keep an extra large family size wool puddle pad from Little Bunny Bear topped with a Cloth-eez double weave muslin swaddle blanket. This is where I sit while nursing and where Baby and I nap. The wool puddle pad protects our bed from liquids of all kinds. If the muslin blanket gets wet I toss it in with the dirty diapers and replace it with a clean one. Eventually, you can remove the reducer from the equation and teach baby to either put her hands on her lap or hold the edges of the toilet while sitting on it. Generally, this will happen when she starts telling you she doesn’t need it anymore! Nappy free– I’ve noticed if I leave him nappy off playing on the changing mat he wees very very frequently with no apparent warning and it’s very hard atm for me to tell when that is going to happen. Sometimes he does a far away look, but that doesn’t always mean a wee, and sometimes starts crying suddenly seemingly from out of nowhere, but also that can mean he wants food or is tired.

Getting the right size (ie: small!!!!) reduces the often unseen friction to using the toilet independently - if they can’t easily get onto it, why bother? Recognising any sign of discomfort enables you to respond appropriately - in very young babies it takes some of the guesswork away from 'why are they squirming or crying' by giving you something very simple to try that may, quite literally, give them relief. I can only speak from my own experience of practising elimination communication with my own two children. Here are some of the signals I observed at different ages. If your child doesn’t do anything on the potty, that’s okay. It may be that they’ve already been in their nappy. It isn’t about avoiding all “misses” but trying to be respectful by giving opportunities. If you’re consistent, it will become a normal part of your routine. We've had our Baby Potty only a few days and my 8 months old is really digging it! We've had great success with her using so far. After a few potty strikes when holding her over the regular toilet, she happily sits on this potty until she is done. Also, I don't have to fight her trying to jump off the big toilet anymore! I'm looking forward to when she can dump it herself! ”

Start with nappy free time on a waterproof and absorbent change mat. Look for your baby's cues before they toilet. Many babies need to toilet shortly after a feed or upon waking. Keep a record of your baby's potty times and over time you will begin to see patterns and start to recognise their cues. From birth (or whatever age your baby is now) make your chosen sound every single time you see your baby wee or poo. Later on, they will recognise the sound and will learn to go on cue (which is strange and impressive to any family who witnesses it for the first time!). Periods of rapid development may also impact their cooperation. If they are learning a new skill, like standing up, they may not be interested in sitting on the potty.

After pottying for just 10 days (plus going out and about with a disposable nappy on) I learned so much about what is feasible for us and our lifestyle. After 3 weeks I feel a lot more confident with it, and we have tried a few al fresco pees and poops without the potty. During times of refusal, I tend to offer less or even give them a day or two off completely. When trying to return, there can still be some resistance. I manage to overcome this by changing things up a bit. Since I wrote the above I decided to move him to the upstairs bathroom more as I’m fed up of always missing the first spurt of pee in the potty and getting it on my trousers. I held him over the sink three times and caught 3 pees and poos yesterday! Excellent! Then got a bit blaze, thought he’d done enough pooing for one day and didn’t potty him for a feed and he blasted out a bright orange baby slug on my leg just before bath time. Everyone in for a wash! Great work on the sink tho – is gross tho so am buying him a baby loo seat and we will gradually upgrade to that. Soon he’ll be able to sit by himself so that will be a lot easier to support him using the loo. Over to you you’d like to get your baby used to big toilets so that pottytunities during outings go more smoothlyIt is helpful to have a compact folding potty for trips around town. A travel potty is especially useful for the toddler stage, when your child is too heavy to hold over a public toilet. I was so happy to have the Potette Plus for road trips when my son had recently switched to wearing underwear and would only give us short notice when he needed to potty. Spent a couple of days at home with Finn with nappy off and old muslin as makeshift easy to remove nappy to learn his signals, cues and when he is likely to go using helpful tips from the books. In modern nappies and clothes on top you can’t tell immediately when, especially wees. Muslin way easier than a nappy and stops the worst if you miss!

Workhorse fitted diapers are fitting better now with a Snappi fastener. Even Loveybums cover is fitting better over the workhorses now that her thighs are getting a bit chubby.NOTE: Want proven, practical strategies to make elimination communication work for you? Use these 5 proven techniques to connect when your baby and have EC success! Get them here.) Grab the best mini potty for elimination communication at tinyundies.com/minipotty - I brought this one to market when Baby Bjorn stopped making the Little Potty - it has solved SO many EC parents’ resistance and wrap-up problems. I had been so excited to discover the wool and organic cotton Loveybums-in-One (which is misnamed since it's really an all-in-two cloth diaper). I had thought that Loveybums-in-Ones with snap in diapers would be a main staple in my cloth diaper stash throughout our elimination communication journey.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment