276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Doctor Who Scarf - Official BBC Doctor Who Scarf - Fourth Doctor Scarf Full Size by Lovarzi

£24.5£49Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

How­ev­er, through the years yarns have changed so that you could prob­a­bly use Red Heart or Van­na’s Choice (which will be con­sid­er­ably cheap­er) to make the scarf. The scarf was used to trip Eldrad down a chasm, ( TV: The Hand of Fear) and to trip the Tremas Master on the gantry. It's pretty tough fighting Daleks, Cybermen, Zygons, Sutekh the Destroyer, the Mandragora Helix, and Krynoids, even without wearing an 18ft scarf. In my yarn quests I found my perfect Ravenclaw blue, and I probably I’ll be doing to movie version, given that the book version is a lighter and stronger blue.

The story is notable for the Doctor's sombre mood and seeming death wish, as well as the surprisingly adult nature of the story.We reckon that a normal length scarf is around the 6 feet mark or about 2 metres, but there’s no exact length. The above memo isn’t dat­ed, but comes from some­time in the ear­ly ‘80s when the BBC sent detailed instruc­tions to a fan’s moth­er on mak­ing the scarf. The main colour of this exclusive design is a rich blue, edged with a stylish rainbow pattern based on the t-shirt the Thirteenth Doctor proudly showed off at the end of her first full episode, The Woman Who Fell To Earth (2018). After a few initial setbacks, such as as having to restart because I didn’t like the product of the needle size I was using, or having to substitute 2 colours of yarn, I’m on my way!

A background character appearing in one episode of Toast of London portrayed by Lewis MacLeod highly resembles the fourth incarnation of the Doctor, and is heavily implied to be him in the episode itself. Visions of the Fourth Doctor appear in the Fifth Doctor serials Earthshock (1982), Mawdryn Undead (1983) and Resurrection of the Daleks (1984), and in the 21st century series in the episodes " The Next Doctor", " The Eleventh Hour", " The Lodger" and " Nightmare in Silver".

Another licensed scarf is also being manufactured by Elope (found at Hot Topic and many places online). The orig­i­nal scarf only last­ed a few episodes, then was altered, replaced, and sub­tly changed as the show went on. Just for fun, I will sup­pose that the num­ber of rows is the “sig­nif­i­cand” and the col­or cod­ed base 60 num­ber is the “man­is­sa”. During his previous visit, he had accidentally imprinted his own mind on a human colony ship's powerful computer, Xoanon, leaving it with multiple personalities.

However it proved even more difficult for Williams behind the scenes, as he found Tom Baker increasingly hard to cope with. Instead they ended up on the planet Zeta Minor ( Planet of Evil), located at the far edge of the known universe. If you want to make a scarf but want it to be a wearable size rather than the length that Tom Baker wore, I would suggest that you keep the same number of color stripes for the scarf you choose, to give the same look, but divide the number of rows in each to get a smaller number.This isn’t so much a pattern as a recipe and a list of the colors BBC used in their Doctor Who scarves. After his fourth regeneration, the Fifth Doctor unravelled his crimson and violet scarf in the TARDIS' corridors, allowing his companions to follow him.

There are also sections featuring the history of the design, tips for scarf construction, a gallery of scarves knitted by fans (and me) plus some fun ephemera.Acheson, knowing little about knitting, procured large quantities of various colours of wool, and commissioned Begonia Pope, a friend of his, to create a colourful design.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment