276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Spyderco CBN Benchstone Double Sided Sharpener Cubic Boron Nitride

£20.995£41.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And 800 grit + 3 micron strop should provide a very nice working/long lasting edge, no need for anything much higher (again, not worried about getting mirror polished egdes). This sharpening stone is ideal for putting an edge on knives, sharpening wood chisels, plane irons, and similar tools. You can run them under water or put them in water to do the flattening if you wish, but dry them off really well when you're finished. Steels I've tested were H1, vg10, s45vn, and I think aus 10 with 13dps microbevels on a 1k super vitrified diamond stone.

For sure, with the resin bonded Venevs, you'll need a flattening kit such as a piece of glass and some SiC powder in a lower grit than your stones. The best metallic CBN stones to get are the 120 240 400 and 1K 2K,I personally would get the 120 400 and 1K stones for doing lower grit sharpening and then using the Venev stones you have to refine your edge or use a good quality Japanese water stone. Poltava Metallic CBN Stone for Hapstone Edge Pro TSProf Sharpeners HPCBN ***Grits ranging from 800 grit to 8000 grit. Seems more aggressive than my 80 grit EdgePro diamond matrix stone; this thing blasts through steel and throws big fluffy filings. I haven't been a big fan of mixing media types when you don't have to, but in some cases like here, maybe it would get good results.

I don't think I was accurately measuring microbevel sharpness when I did that testing 6 or so months ago. You can use the 400-mesh side for flattening the back of chisel and plane blades and for general edge shaping and maintenance. In particular, CBN's high thermal stability and chemical resistance make it suitable for sharpening in conditions where synthetic diamonds are not normally employed.

When choosing an emulsion after sharpening it's best to use an emulsion that's 1 or 2 micron size's smaller then what the micron particle size's are made up of on the last stone you used,the idea is to get the diamonds in the emulsion between the grooves the stone made the same way you floss your teeth for better edge refinement,I choose to strop that way if I'm not going for a perfect mirror polished edge and just a working edge. Pefekte Ergebnisse, einfache Handhabung, die Steine liefern in den gelieferten Abstufungen alles was man zum durchschleifen braucht. Kangaroo Leather Strop is an efficient way of final polishing a cutting edge using guided knife sharpeners. With a CBN 400, one can literally raise a heavy and stubborn burr in seconds and spend 10's of minutes and multiple steps and stone progressions in trying to remove that burr and get a clean apex! Assuming the bond strength is not excessive they will renew themselves with fresh, unworn (and most importantly SHARP) abrasive particles which continue cutting rapidly.First let me say thank you to gritomatic for making so many nice sharpening supplies available, including these stones.

Metallic CBN may become darker over time due to natural metal oxidizing, it does not affect the sharpening. These perform better in my opinion and experience than electroplated diamond stones, or diamond resin bars. Spyderco's 3x8 benchstone combines the many advantages of CBN with a classic flatstone format to supercharge traditional sharpening techniques. The reason I'm suggesting you try the Gunny Juice as well is because it cut's way faster then any other emulsion I have tired and if you get a 2K metallic CBN stone you get a pretty refined edge off of that stone as it is and you could use the Gunny Juice to further refine your edge,Gunny Juice is great to use even after the Venev stones as well,I wouldn't mess around with other strop material the Jende nano cloth seem to last the longest for me and also give better result's.As hard as it is to glue to the high energy surfaces of diamonds cheap and diamond anything is a crapshoot. The most intensive sharpening I see myself doing is either reprofiling an edge or repairing minor damage. New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging .

But on the bright side, you can sharpen your blades without the mess of water stones, and they're gentle enough that you're not likely to remove too much metal by accident. CBN offers high performance, sharpens any steel, has a low wear rate and little loading, creates no mess and makes no unwanted grooves. The broad, perfectly flat carbon steel embryo of this stone is coated with fast-cutting 400-mesh CBN on one side and finer 800-mesh CBN on the other. Spyderco's new 3x8 benchstone combines the many advantages of CBN with a classic flatstone format to supercharge traditional sharpening technique. Auch ein Abrichten der Steine ist nicht mehr nötig, somit kann man sich voll auf das Schleifen konzentrieren.

At 3″ x 8″ the 306CBN is big enough to handle the largest plane blades and it easily accommodates a honing guide. So if you're going to do some reprofiling, (even with the 120 grit), you're going to be there a while. CBN’s qualities include its high levels of high hardness, strength, abrasion resistance, and thermal and chemical resistance. The CBN stones are suitable for creating cutting bevels or grinding out nicks on knives, planes and chisels. I know they work well but I don't know how they would "look" under that much magnification, although my curiosity is killing me.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment