276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Igloo Heavy-Duty 25 Qt BMX Ice Chest Cooler with Cool Riser Technology

£71.61£143.22Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

That’s why I picked up the Igloo BMX 25, the iconic brand’s budget-friendly small hard-sided cooler. The Igloo BMX 25 cooler is just the right size to fit a flask, or some cans of fizzy drinks plus sandwiches or pre heated food. I’ve not had much use of the fish measuring guide but as I often sit on the Igloo cooler, I’ve now got a much better idea if how wide my bum is.

I placed a hot dog in each cooler, filled each with seven pounds of ice, and measured the internal temperature of the hot dog over the course of four days. The Igloo BMX 25 (represented by the green line), was consistently lagging behind the other coolers throughout the 96-hour test. After running tests on its ice retention and insulation, we've learned some surprising things about the RTIC 20 Qt Hard Cooler. If you just want a cooler that works and you don’t care about the bells and whistles, the BMX 25 is perfect.And when you find something that’s affordable, it starts to make you wonder if it’s even worth the money. Triple point grab handle with stainless steel reinforcement and rubber grip provide premium touch points.

We think the handle could be improved a bit by a more forgiving, squishy section, but honestly, the overall larger size and ergonomic shape of the handle and cooler edges make this ice chest a breeze to carry, compared to the other coolers in this review. The Igloo BMX is a non-rotomolded personal cooler with a single handle on top and an internal height that fits most wine bottles or 2L soda bottles. You can also find a 52 quart version and a 72 quart version of the BMX if you’re planning bigger adventures.The best performing was the YETI Roadie 24, but that only outperformed the Igloo by 5 hours (about 8% better). However, we feel that the dark grey coloring likely works against this cooler if you do happen to leave it in the sun. Therefore, it lets cold air escape and warm air enter, unlike some beefier models with freezer-quality gaskets keeping their contents separate from the outside air.

If you’re all about the overland truck experience and want a cooler that looks like military cargo, you’ll likely want a different cooler. The YETI does the best in this situation because of its nylon handle, and the RTIC does well because the stainless steel bar is recessed into the cooler so it doesn’t take up extra space at the sides.Because it’s blow-molded and not roto-molded, the plastic is thinner and more flimsy compared to other major brands. I’m not going to share too many details about industrial plastic production because that’s super boring, but there are a few key differences between blow-molded construction and the popular rotomolded construction that YETI, RTIC, and many other brands use. And through it all we haven’t lost sight of our original goal—to create products that enable the pursuit of happiness (however you define it). The Igloo BMX 25 is an excellent cooler for you if you’re more interested in a good deal than you are style. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. Part of the reason that the Igloo outperforms so strongly here is because of the blow-molded construction. The contents of the Igloo rose above 50 degrees at 78 hours, so there’s a good chance you’ll have frosty beers through your entire three-day weekend with this cooler. They mention that it is a good coolbox that keeps items cold for days, and the icing is still in tact. One thing you get with YETI that you don’t with Igloo is that “military cargo” style that’s perfect for overland adventures.

The plastic is thinner and the manufacturing method allows for sharper corners, so there’s more internal space to go around.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment