276°
Posted 20 hours ago

REDEX Petrol Fuel System Cleaner 4 x 500ML

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Using Redex is a simple part of a car maintenance routine which can keep your injectors working better and extend the life of your car. I've always been under the impression that Redex is a bit harsh in petrol engines, but it's done your smoker no harm. If it’s young enough to have a DPF fitted, regular use of the Redex DPF cleaner can avoid costly repair or replacement bills, too.

How Much Redex Should I Add To My Vehicle

My daughter's Audi A1 has damp in the driver's footwell but the door seals seem fine, what could be the cause? That was a mineral hydraulic oil with fairly good detergent properties and anti-foaming additives etc. No course you don`t lol, I dont use redex and dont have any problems, never have had with any fuel from any garage. Again, if you were running a laboratory experiment that directly measured fuel consumption and removed all other variables then you may be able to show an improvement, but it’s nothing really noticeable.Redex stops this build up and cleans the injectors to save you petrol, and as the UK’s number one fuel additive we’ve been trusted by drivers for decades. So, for a standard 15l motorbike fuel tank, you’re looking at around 38ml of system cleaner per full tank of fuel (roughly half a standard shot). Redex DPF Cleaner lowers the burning temperature of the soot trapped in your car’s particulate filter system, meaning that it burns away more efficiently during regular day-to-day driving. The only way around it is to stop them building up in the first place, and that's done by the EMS optimizing the fuel/air ratio to ensure combustion is as complete as possible and by the owner using decent fuel and following the manufacturers' service schedule. It’s a good idea to give your engine a deep clean on the inside every now and then, as this will make sure it’s always running efficiently.

Redex RADD0063A Petrol Octane Power Booster Fuel Additive Redex RADD0063A Petrol Octane Power Booster Fuel Additive

The principle with the fuel system cleaner additives is that a clean fuel system will perform more efficiently than a clogged fuel system, much like your heart being able to pump blood more freely through clear arteries than clogged ones. Are the two different bottles (red for petrol, dark green for diesel) just marketing, and really same stuff underneath or are they different? After years of using Cheap supermarlet fuel, I had to fill up my motobike (CB250) at a BP garage as my Sainsburys closed for a refurb.You can view more information about Redex on our blog and product pages, including how to use Redex, how to keep your car in good condition and how our full range can help you. Yes, we always used to wind up the engine, the squirt loads of Redex down the carbie in the the belief it cleaned out the cylinder head, although there was no proof whatsoever to that effect.

Petrol Fuel System Cleaner | Redex

However if your tank is larger or smaller, you can still use the recommended dosage with the same level of performance being achieved. My diesel Citroen ZX rolled over 250k a month ago and apart from doubling the frequency of oil changes I've always chucked in some Redex on a regular basis, a habit inherited from my father who loved the stuff. We only recommend using petrol Redex products for petrol vehicles and diesel Redex products for diesel vehicles. For example, the 250ml petrol system cleaner treats two tanks, so just add half the bottle each time you fill up with fuel. I have heard that dripping it into the carburettor, producing clouds of smoke, is a good way of de-carbonising the cylinder head.

This means you don’t have to drive for long distances to get your engine up to a high temperature, which is normally how you keep a particulate filter regenerating.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment