276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Birthday Girl

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

La protagonista está en una relación de estas que son una mierda y que son en plan: amiga, date cuenta. One of the best of those things is her ability to make something taboo seem irresistibly satisfying. Now, at first I thought that this was the way she was supposed to be written based on the secrets she's keeping.

Birthday Girl by Haruki Murakami | Goodreads Birthday Girl by Haruki Murakami | Goodreads

El día del cumpleaños de una joven japonesa discute con su novio, lo que hace que se replantee su relación, le toca trabajar en un turno que no le corresponde y además llevar la cena al dueño del local, algo nuevo y al que no conoce. Long story short they play house, fall in love and live happily ever after in a suburban neighbourhood with a pool. Ellie de Florent-Stinson is celebrating her fortieth birthday with a grand celebration in her fabulous house in Palm Springs.Birthday Girl is a must read for all forbidden romance lovers and those who enjoy their taboo stories. When I read the blurb, I think a small part of me cringed, while a bigger part of it was screaming GIMME!

Birthday Girl - Kindle edition by Douglas, Penelope

The premises always sound amazing and usually the beginnings are fine, but as soon as the love interest appears, the whole story just falls apart and becomes a hot mess. Mi más sincera opinión es que este libro está dirigido a coleccionistas del autor, si es tu primer libro de él (o no eres fan), mejor compra 'Sauce ciego, mujer dormida' que es una magnifica recopilación y no te deja esa sensación de haber leído algo que se esfumó en media hora.She has worked as a fashion and beauty editor and has written for many publications including The New York Times, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Allure, The San Francisco Chronicle, McSweeney’s, Teen Vogue, CosmoGirl! Obstacles are in the way of them expressing their candid thoughts, but yet again, that is appeal for me since the angst in this novel is one that I was actually able to tolerate and absolutely adored. Overall a fascinating story, one that you'll read in a matter of minutes but will linger for a long time. Douglas also does something that I only really put together in this book, where all of their characters are into things that Douglas was probably into when they were young (80s movies, 80s and 90s songs), which are things I like, but I'm not a teenager, and it always ends up feeling kind of out of touch. Ellie's past was more interesting because compared to the present, that story felt more real than the fakeness of Ellie's present.

Book Review: Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas – A Bookworm Book Review: Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas – A Bookworm

Also, this was my first time reading a book from this author, and I was very surprised (in a good way). I know everything we’re doing is wrong, and I don’t know how I’m going to explain this to anyone, but right here—right now—I don’t want to be anywhere else.

I happen to like that type of book, so this really worked well for me and was really fun to read about. Birthday Girl es un libro que tiene un planteamiento interesante, y al mismo tiempo, puede parecer problemático. Bueno, además tiene un mensaje acerca de la esencia de cada persona y me gustó la nota de Murakami al final y ya quiero leer a London. With his unique take on magical realism, Murakami shows us that something fantastical could be happening in the very mundane reality of life. I personally had no problem with that because it was the single interesting aspect of his character.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment