276°
Posted 20 hours ago

PKSA 20-Li B2 Cordless Chainsaw without Battery and Charger for Parkside X 20 V Team

£64.995£129.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

With winter around the corner, it won’t be long before those with wood burners are in need of logs to keep the fire roaring. In-keeping with trying to make this chainsaw as appealing as possible to newbies, Bosch has ensured that assembly is kept to a minimum. The chain is already attached to the bar and you don’t need any tools to attach this to the main unit. Oil is provided too, for the chain’s automatic oiling system, meaning that I was able to have this chainsaw up and running in about five minutes.

Still on the fence about whether to go with a cordless chainsaw over a petrol or electric model? Here are just a few of the benefits that a cordless chainsaw can offer: There are both pros and cons to this chainsaw’s price. While you could bag yourself a more powerful petrol chainsaw for almost half the price, this one offers up a number of features that are worth paying more for. For many, the most important would be how it’s pretty much ready to get going as soon as it’s out of the box – the ultimate in chainsaw convenience! Compared to other cordless chainsaws, its price is reasonable, especially considering that it comes with two batteries (plus a dual charger) and a two year manufacturer’s warranty. Other than this other tools such as a grinder and an 18v cordless drill have lasted me for ages. The cordless drill driver ive had for 5 years now and its still going good. Needless to say, it wasn’t the best start, but things started to look up once I took in the full design of this machine. It has a 25cm Oregon bar and chain , which is a sign of top quality, along with a metal, rather than a plastic, claw stop – again, an indicator of quality. I also appreciated the tool free chain tension adjustment mechanism, as well as the large oil display window.E10 fuel is fine to use, but super unleaded with an ethanol content of 5% is better and what we would recommend. The chainsaw also comes complete with a bottle to mix the two-stroke oil and petrol, a bottle of chain oil, a pair of ear defenders and some protective glasses.

Einhell has a reputation for producing power tools and garden machinery at very affordable prices. However, as I found out when I tested their cordless strimmer, electric scarifier, cordless leaf blower, and petrol chainsaw, the brand doesn’t sacrifice on quality either. So, I was expecting their GE-LC 18 Li Cordless Chainsaw to be just as capable. I had a number of trees and branches lying around my farm (thanks to Storm Arwen) that needed to be cut up for firewood, so I was looking forward to putting this chainsaw to the test. Husqvarna 23, 33, 36, 41, 335XPT, 333, 334, 338, 1400, 1600, 136, 141, 142, 243, 315, E16, E316, 316, 318, 320 and 321 chains For more advice, read our guide on how to buy the best chainsaw. Which sort of petrol should I use?

But how does this machine compare to the others when it comes to price? The Ryobi sits somewhere in the middle. Yes, you could buy yourself a more powerful petrol chainsaw for less, but you’d end up with a much heavier and more cumbersome machine. Plus, with its powerful motor and fast cutting speed, this one will do just about anything that a similar-sized petrol chainsaw will do – it really does function so well. Assembly Ease: I assessed assembly ease on how long it took to put the chainsaw together and the clarity of the instructions provided. I deemed any chainsaws that took more than 20 minutes too long, as this may take significantly longer for someone who is unfamiliar with this tool. I also marked down chainsaws that didn’t provide clear instructions, those that took longer than specified, or models where the parts didn’t seamlessly fit together. Chainsaws that required no assembly were given top marks, as these designs made the tool more accessible for less experienced users. Before you get going, you’ll need to buy a full set of protective clothing. We recommend a safety helmet, boots and ear defenders as well as chainsaw gloves and chainsaw trousers.

Design: A well-designed cordless chainsaw will have considered ergonomics, with a comfortable handle and grip. Models with cushioned or anti-vibration handles were given top marks as these made the chainsaws more comfortable to use for long periods. I also looked for chainsaws with balanced weight distributions, as this improves the user’s manoeuvrability and control. While the optimal bar length varies depending on the tasks, those with longer bars (of 25 cm +) could complete a wider range of tasks, so they were given higher marks. I also identified whether each chainsaw’s bar length matched up with its power – for example, an 18 V system for a 15 – 20 cm bar chainsaw or a 36 V system for chainsaws with 30 cm bars and above. In addition to its performance and power, this chainsaw really excels when it comes to how easy it is to use. I don’t have a huge amount of chainsaw experience but I felt confident when using this machine. It’s lightweight enough ( 5kg ) to manoeuvre into awkward angles, yet has enough weight behind it to remain sturdy. Its automatic chain lubrication feature is another plus. The length of a chainsaw’s cutting bar will determine the size of wood that you can use the machine on. Although cordless chainsaws usually have a shorter bar than petrol chainsaws, there’s still a fair bit of variation to choose from, usually between 15-30cm.

My Top Recommended Cordless Chainsaws

Convenience – you don’t need to worry about mixing up petrol, or about electric cables getting in the way, when you use a cordless chainsaw

First and foremost, even if you don’t plan on using your cordless chainsaw for heavy-duty tasks, you’ll still need to invest in protective clothing and accessories, including chainsaw trousers, boots, gloves, and a hat/helmet, as well as safety goggles and ear defenders (these usually come attached to the helmet). This is something required by law, so don’t take it lightly.

Where to Find your Model Number

They’re very lightweight when compared to petrol chainsaws – this not only makes them easier to move around to different parts of your garden, but also gives you more manoeuvrability if you need to take your chainsaw up a ladder or a tree Thankfully, this is no longer the case. The cordless chainsaws of today are now more powerful and efficient than ever. In some cases, their performance even rivals that of the best petrol chainsaws.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment