276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Donner Compressor Pedal, Ultimate Comp 2 Modes Compression Effect Pedal Pure Analog for Electric Guitar and Bass True Bypass

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It has everything a guitarist would want from a comp guitar effect pedal, including three parameter knobs and a toggle switch that adds versatility to this mini comp guitar effect pedal. only four knobs controlling Attack, Sustain, Volume and Blend – the latter useful for parallel compression. I doubt anybody with a passive instrument would have any reason to complain but an active bass with hot pickups and a heavy hand might. Due to its inherent design, attack times are quite slow, and not tweakable except through the dynamics of your playing.

Donner Compressor Pedal Ultimate Comp Guitar Effect Pedal Donner Compressor Pedal Ultimate Comp Guitar Effect Pedal

It's compact and built like a tank, with a clear tone that really cuts through the mix when you're playing with a band. This player was using another compressor and switched to Ultimate comp due to noise issues with the previous compressor. It has fixed attack and release times while offering a unique approach to guitar squeeze, but the lack of output control somewhat limits the amount of compression you can use, without losing a lot of volume. This functionality lets you beam one preset compressor from your iPhone or Android, directly to the pedal, it’s like having dozens of compressors at the touch of a button.Its layout features 4 control knobs that let you tweak most of the compression parameters you would want: Level is effectively the make-up gain, Threshold sets the level at which the compressor kicks in and has a wide enough range to accommodate all kinds of instruments not just bass guitars.

Ultimate Comp review by Donner - ULTIMATE GUITAR TABS

As long as I can remember I always had a huge passion for rock music and I extremely enjoy playing it. As you may know, there is a debate going on whether the compressor pedal should color the guitar tone or not.Another thing to consider is that th There’s an internal -15dB pad jumper that will help to accommodate instruments with a hotter output.

Donner Ultimate Comp Review - Compressor Reviews

The toggle switch located between the Level and Tone dials lets you select a more traditional compression feel in the upward Normal position or a significantly treble-boosted effect by flipping the switch to the downward position. Enhance lets you add some treble back into the mix if you feel the compression has robbed your sound of some high-end clarity, but your midrange will also be affected by it, resulting in a slightly scooped sound as you turn it up.The VCA stands for Voltage Controlled Amplifier, and they feature some of the fastest response times for the attack and release parameters. You will need a compression pedal, especially if you are a regular performer, as the compression pedal is more than necessary when playing with other people.

Overview Owner’s Manual - Rock Guitar Universe

I inquired of Donner asking about the technical specs, especially the range of ratio effected, but they declined to answer. It has fixed attack and release times while offering a unique approach to guitar squeeze, but lack of output control somewhat limits the amount of compression you can use.

It also gives the user a wide range of control with its adjustment knobs to find the sweet spot for any setting. The range of attack times is fairly short, but are very usable, and Level controls your make-up gain.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment