276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Dimensions: Level Pack - The Goonies (Import)

£16.855£33.71Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Below we have closeups of the minifigures I've designed. Apart from the various 'print' requirements all the hair pieces are taken from other sets. Is there a LEGO designer (official LEGO designer or fan designer) who you are inspired by and look up to? Who and why?

Game designers James McLaughlin and Arthur Parsons have said that the Goonies is their favorite movie.

Details

The Goonies was (and still is) one of my all-time favourite movies. I’ve watched the movie so many times and enjoy it every time. As a kid, I never had any Goonies toys (though I did put a bunch of hours into the NES Goonies game!) and always thought it’d be a great theme for a LEGO set. So it was one of the first ideas I had when I first thought about building something for LEGO Ideas. Even now, The Goonies is very much represented in modern popular culture. T-Shirts, Badges and other apparel are all available everywhere and as a franchise it is still very popular, especially to those who were young when it came out, as it is a movie very close to a lot of people's hearts. Despite this, when the cops ask what was the scariest part of their adventure, Data says it was the octopus. I always have LEGO Ideas in mind, but I don’t have any specific plans for an Ideas build right now. The few MOCs I’m currently working on would be too big for Ideas…though I’ve been considering a scaled-down Ideas version. I’ll keep that a secret for now though! Using a script or add-on that scans GameFAQs for box and screen images (such as an emulator front-end), while overloading our search engine

I’ve made many MOCs, but my favourite so far is my Rise of Huitzilopotchli build. It’s a build from Aztec mythology that depicts the birth of the Aztec god Huitzilopotchli atop an Aztec pyramid. I was inspired to build it when the amazing Ancient Warrior minifig was released with CMF Series 21.

Recommended

What is your favourite building techniqueor part/sectionthat you’ve incorporated into your Product Idea? While many of the franchises featured are based on more mainstream franchises, this one is an unusual case, as it is based on a cult film. What special challenges did you face creating the model? What was the most difficult part to recreate?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment