276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Mental Fitness: 15 Rules to Strengthen Your Body and Mind

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

We found weapons: a murderous tangle of AK-47s, RPGs and Dushkas, the Soviet-era heavy machine guns that the Taliban favoured. There were explosives and detonators. And there was shitloads of money, including wads and wads of cash in the cars that had been trying to get away. It was obvious that they’d been drug smugglers. One vehicle was in an irrigation ditch. Another had smashed into the little bridge that went over the river. How anybody got out of it I don’t know. Pay attention to people you invest in relationships with and talk about things you actually care about. What he is an expert in is pushing through the most difficult circumstances. I learnt a lot from his experience of extreme physical and mental pressure and how to find your limits.

The Special Forces understand this implicitly. They need soldiers who can combine extreme physical and mental strength. Almost every challenge that’s thrown at you on Selection is designed to test both your body and your mind to their absolute limit – whether that’s the punishing yomps of the mountain stage or the sadistic games that they employ to try to break us during the interrogations. I’ve found the same to be true during my adventures after leaving the SBS. I was able to make it through my ordeal on Mount Everest through a combination of physical and mental resilience. I could endure the hellish, unending discomfort of the Bounty journey because I had equal control over my physical and emotional reactions. And whatever the elders might have said to our intelligence officers, we couldn’t be sure whether we’d get a friendly reception from the villagers. Any given individual we approached would be aware that the Taliban were probably watching our interaction with them. The wrong move could see them and their family punished. So the stakes were high, and the demands on our concentration and application immense. We had to be firm, but not aggressive; friendly, but vigilant. Even assuming that what we’d been told about insurgent activity was true, it was unlikely that we’d catch anybody red-handed – the Taliban had an incredible ability to just melt away at the slightest sign of danger. But if we did everything properly, and located what we’d been told was there, then we’d be able to seize enough of their gear to seriously disrupt their operations. Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations available for UK or EU consumers do not apply to certain products and services. The lessons he echoes are crucial to not just a life demanding physical and mental toughness but generally any meaningful life. Here's what I took from each lesson:

Goods that by reason of their nature, cannot be returned - (Items such as underwear, where the 'hygiene patch' has been removed, or cosmetics where the seal has been broken). Still, the villagers had been intimidated. They felt caught between the Taliban and us, who’d arrived tooled up and clanking around in 30 kg worth of kit. God knows what horror stories they’d already been told about the British armed forces – the circumstances didn’t exactly lend themselves to making a friendly first impression. It can be hard to relate to a guy carrying a fully loaded assault rifle, especially when he’s just jumped out of an intimidatingly large helicopter and is marching directly into the village of your birth. Suddenly I realised that my adrenaline had ebbed away. All that was left was the steady, calming sound of my own breathing. At that moment I felt a really deep connection with everyone around me. It was like I actually understood them, and because of that was responsible for them. I had this futile desire to fix all of their problems there and then.

The frantic events of that day made me realise for the first time that so much of my strength came from the ways in which my mind and body were connected. This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. Full details of your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are available in the UK from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or your Local Authority's Trading Standards Office. We did care. We genuinely believed that we had a responsibility to do everything we could to keep them safe. Otherwise, what was the point of us being here at all? We also knew that we had to stamp out the Taliban wherever they appeared. This meant we had to walk a thin line. The insurgents took up residence in these sorts of settlements precisely because they knew that we were bound by our own rules of engagement. While we had a duty to preserve life, and acted accordingly, they would use the farmers and traders and wives and kids who lived there as both a disguise and a human shield. I found that despicable.To push yourself to your limits- you have to work hard to develop a strong harmony between your mind and body.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment