276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Logitech G560 PC Gaming Speaker System with 7.1 DTS:X Ultra Surround Sound, Game based LIGHTSYNC RGB, Two Speakers and Subwoofer, Immersive Gaming Experience - Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

There are plenty of good reasons to buy the G560 – but, unfortunately, there are also as many reasons not to, which is a shame.

The highs aren’t bad either. The treble perhaps feels ever so slightly rolled off, but there’s plenty of energy at the top end; cymbals sizzle without sibilance, and snare drums have a sharp impact. Beyond this fixable problem, how did the G560 sound during gaming? Quite excellent, I’d say. In terms of power, the dedicated subwoofer propels this setup way past my trusty Nommo Chroma speakers, as every explosion sounds like it’s coming through the floorboards. DTS:X Ultra infused Halo Infinite play sessions with impressive spatial sound, and while general music sounds perfectly fine on these speakers, it’s not the best I’ve heard. Logitech Gaming Software, or LGS for short, allows granular control over not only the lighting, but also the audio output of the gaming speakers and other Lightsync-enabled devices. In terms of the G560 speakers, it provides the option to customise the ‘G’ button on the right speaker. By default, it’s used to control the brightness of the lighting, but you can reprogram it to be a mute button, trigger an in-game macro and more. mouse mats, the Logitech G560 boasts an array of RGB lights that provide intelligent ambient lighting when you’re playing games, watching movies and listening to music. While the lighting was a huge factor in the immersion aspect, the precision of the positional audio really impressed us too. We don't normally like the virtual surround of 7.1 digital gaming headsets but were pleasantly surprised with how well DTS:X worked with the G560, especially while trying to pinpoint where we were being shot at in Fortnite. It's the perfect compromise if you want surround sound without the hassle of a 5.1 or 7.1 set.Play around with the settings. Here you can use the pre-amp to massively reduce the maximum volume (which is way too loud) and set a hugely customisable equaliser. You can even tweak the editor to apply different settings for different audio devices you make have, which is useful for someone like me who switches between headphones and speakers on a daily basis. The Logitech G560 are designed to be the dream set of gaming speakers, offering a compact design, powerful sound, and RGB lighting that reacts to in-game events. Aside from loudness, the other thing that’s really noticeable about the G560 sound is how very bassy it is. Again, I love a good bit of bass, but at default settings I found it overpowering. I suspect that Logitech knows it, too: within LGS there’s a pre-made “Lower The Bass” profile, as well as a custom equaliser. I found I had to pull the bass down by a huge -10db to enjoy it. That said, the audio output from these speakers is simply amazing. The bass is deep and rumbling and the high notes are captured with nuance and a wide range of tones. Your games and even movies are going to sound excellent through these speakers, that much we can guarantee.

Lewis Painter is a Senior Staff Writer at Tech Advisor. Our resident Apple expert, Lewis covers everything from iPhone to AirPods, plus a range of smartphones, tablets, laptops and gaming hardware. You'll also find him on the Tech Advisor YouTube channel. Rather, the lights simply appear to flash all sorts of colors in a sort of rhythm with the motions and sounds on screen during intense sequences. During moments of more steady motion and pure color, however, the speakers work beautifully to match the tones and hues. It’s sad then that those moments are few and far in between in most games. You can customise the colour of each zone to your heart’s content through Logitech’s Gaming Software (LGS), or you can let Logitech’s Lightsync technology control the lights for you. This works with a selection of games (including Battlefield 1, Fortnite and Counter-Strike: Global Offensive) to reflect what’s going on on screen, such as by matching the colour of your health bar or changing hue to warn you of approaching enemies. Panel 3 - Preamplication. This reduces the overall volume so you have a more even volume curve in Windows. It should still be loud enough at 100% for most users. Increase the gain to if you require louder speakers at 100% volume in Windows. The "Include" option is just a text file that contains some extra bass boost settings which I've included below)READ NEXT: Razer Nommo Chroma review: Cylindrical 2.0 PC speakers with RGB lighting Logitech G560 review: What you need to know My equaliser settings have a fair bit of sub bass and clear highs. I'm very impressed with how they sound now. To replicate my equaliser settings:

The end result is relatively subdued and classy. Not too much, not too little, and it can all be controlled via Logitech’s G Hub software. You can have the lighting dynamically react to audio, morph according to what’s happening on-screen through sampling, or if you’re boring like me, hold to one fixed color. To be honest, I found the fancier options to be downright distracting.If you don't have any headphones or use a second audio device, press the power button on sections 1 to 4 to turn them off (otherwise you might end up applying the equaliser twice to your speakers!).

The G560s are controlled via the Logitech Gaming Software, which, while simple enough to navigate, perhaps isn’t as feature-rich as Corsair’s CUE. There are plenty of controls to the sound signature (including the much-needed ‘Drop The Bass’ preset), and you can adjust the RGB lighting to match the colour scheme of your preference. First off install Firmware 122.1.21. Firmwares higher than this almost completely mute bass at low to normal volumes. You can downgrade safely with no issues. Once you've done this, proceed with the steps below: On the rear of each satellite, you’ll find a larger lighting panel which projects light behind your speakers at a slightly upward angle. The brightness and angle of the RGB panel should provide most PC setups with an effect similar to that of This is an updated version of my guide to fix the sound quality and issues with the Logitech G560 Speakers. The Logitech G560s are clearly a very targeted product. Having flashing RGB lights that far surpass any keyboard or mouse is certainly going to garner much attention. It’s a shame, then, that Logitech appears to have made some fundamental mistakes that could have been avoided with a little more user testing. A software update can likely fix many of the problems.That said, we found the lighting portion of the offering to be the most mixed in real-world applications, but nevertheless flashy and fun. You see, while the Gaming Software supports hundreds of games with custom lighting profiles, we only had one installed on our test system: Portal 2. Logitech has crafted some seriously superior-sounding speakers for the PC that aren’t quite as robust as they could be from a lighting perspective. For a rather steep price, however, what you will get here are speakers that will undoubtedly bring flash and fun to your PC gaming setup. Logitech’s G560 is amongst a new breed of ‘gaming speakers’ appearing on the market in 2018 – but what makes a 2.1 speaker setup specific to gamers? RGB lighting, of course. Like

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment