276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Out of Love: Hazel Hayes

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This by far is Jewel's best work to date. It has a perfect balance of fun, sweet, ANGST, steam, mystery and love. Out of Love took me on an emotional roller coaster. Jewel E. Ann always delivers the twists and all the feels. Her writing and storytelling is exceptional. The characters have a strong well developed arc and how it all comes together in the end is executed to perfection.

Then she crosses paths with a mysterious, intense guy named Slade Wylder. He's a jerk in need of a personality transplant, but he has her attention. It had been a while since someone had caught her interest, but he becomes her favorite distraction. She enjoys messing with him and getting under his skin, and wants to figure him out. He was like a turbulent storm cloud, full of attitude, but sexy as hell. One look from him completely slayed her, and made her inappropriate thoughts run wild. He was an enigma and she craved more, but would her suspicious, curious mind get her into trouble? When truths are revealed will he be her savior or her worst nightmare? She had a feeling if she let him get too close, he might not just break her heart, but shatter it beyond repair. A smart, touching, time-bending romance. Funny and affecting.”— David Nicholls, Bestselling author of One Day and Sweet Sorrow Their relationship evolved from annoying neighbors, to some kind of mutual love for his dog, to an undeniable attraction, that they couldn't stop feeling. Even though it's been a long time since I've read that amazing trilogy, I have a strong desire to start it all over again! (Maybe this time I'll try the audio version) 😜My suggestion is to go in blind, so as not to accidentally read any spoilers and ruin your enjoyment.

Three woman who join together to rent a large space along the beach in Los Angeles for their stores—a gift shop, a bakery, and a bookstore—become fast friends as they each experience the highs, and lows, of love.

Become a Member

Because this love story starts at the end, at the breakdown of a relationship, the pacing and drive of the story is unlike anything I've read before. I wanted to keep reading to find out what led to this inevitable break up and where their issues originated from. Because of that, it was pretty heavy emotionally. We're seeing the deterioration of a relationship, two people losing each other and falling out of love, and it actually made me feel pretty emotional at times

I pictured the couple we might someday become. And in my mind, in that moment at least, they lived happily ever after.” Wylder the sexy, serious, mysterious and wonderful man. A lot more like her daddy than Livy would want to admit to. LOL But Gabby”, I hear you say, “isn’t Out of Love a romance, and like you said before also slightly festive? Surely oh surely scroogey, this counts as the mush you just slandered?”. So yeeah as I said a lot of angst and I usually don't dig too much angst, but this time it was good! The ending is very bittersweet tho. Unfortunately I tried too hard to connect with the protagonist who shall not be named and Theo was typical horrible person who never ever earned my sympathy. He can be quiet easily punchable douchebag.The narration is from someone hopeful despite her hurting, and never reads as jaded or bitter – though one might expect it to, given that the book is essentially about the collapse of a romance. The central relationship, once tenderly intimate but now faded and imploding, serves as an exploration of what quality of love we as individuals allow for ourselves. Hayes’ post-modern approach to the narrative is engrossing, unfolding almost like a mystery as actions in an early chapter are explained by the events of a later one.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment