276°
Posted 20 hours ago

What They Don't Teach You About Money: The Instant Top Ten Bestseller

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When I help people work through their money worries, they often say ‘why don’t they teach this stuff in schools?

The recently reviewed ‘How to Own the World’ by Andrew Craig is a much more rounded version of the same concept and he goes into much further detail in the topics that both books overlap in. Barrett fearlessly tackles pervasive money myths and empowers readers to take control of their financial lives. There's no shaming finger-wagging or headache-inducing jargon, just hundreds of practical tips showing how to get money working for you. The one thing I particularly loved about this book is how the title perfectly encapsulates the lessons that are learned whilst reading.Co by som vyzdvihol, je cast o investiciach, o dlhoch, o archetypoch ludi pokial ide o vztah k peniazom. It’s funny, it’s wise, it’s kind – and we’ve never needed it more,” praises Tim Harford, OBE, renowned economist and author. In applying a more human and sociological take on finance, Claer analyses the intersection between debt, finances, and mental health in the workplace. The storage may be used for marketing, analytics, and personalization of the site, such as storing your preferences. LinkedIn and 3rd parties use essential and non-essential cookies to provide, secure, analyze and improve our Services, and to show you relevant ads (including professional and job ads) on and off LinkedIn.

In lighter moments, she also looks at some of the more unusual requests for investment advice she’s received from FT readers. Prior to joining the Financial Times, Claer was the property correspondent for Investors Chronicle until she became managing editor of weekly industry magazine, Property Week. Another amazing point brought up was the benefits that are unclaimed by UK citizens, usually because people are too proud to ask for help or they are unaware that they are even eligible. Due to this rather simplistic approach and the books short length, she can only touch on each subject in a fairly superficial manner - hence there was nothing new in here for me.

Highly recommend this to anyone that wants a better understanding of budgeting, ISAs, pensions and smart investing. It was a day of piercing cold and as I walked through the twilight from the Sheldonian to Christ Church, the streets were empty and the whole city was shutting itself away. It has range of tips from easy to some more on harder side and lot of good tips when it comes to taxes (with the cost of living crisis this is much needed in UK right now). This highly practical session featuring two FT columnists explores habit-changing tips in Barrett’s book, What they don’t Teach you about Money. I came away buzzing and reassured that we still have in this century a wide ranging community fascinated not just by famous authors (I’ve rarely seen so many concentrated in one place) but by challenging ideas and questions.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment