276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Delia Smith's Christmas

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

More importantly, though, Christmas has been rather hijacked by Nigella in recent years and her extravagant excess does not sit comfortably with today's austerity Britain. This would be a good choice for Christmas Eve supper – done and dusted in the morning, or even the day before, then just whisked out of the fridge and into the oven. The ease and simplicity of this recipe belie its excellent depth and flavour - definitely one of those reci. With 150 gloriously photographed recipes there is something here to suit everyone: 50 much-loved classics, including Delia's Christmas Cake, Christmas Pudding and Roast Turkey which have faithfully served generations of Christmas cooks, along with 100 inspiring new recipes from Pot-roasted Guinea Fowl with Calvados and Salmon in Champagne Sauce to Drambuie Trufle and Chocoloate and Sour Cherry Crumble. I haven’t ever made my own mincemeat but I’m certainly thinking that it might be time to make just a few little pies to get me in the chrimbo mood….

An experience that started with the leisurely read and is still going on as we enjoy the last slices of Christmas cake.Cranberry queen of puddings Personally, I'm sick of cranberries, but I've included this recipe to remind everyone I'm the bitch when it comes to product placement. Prepare prunes two weeks in advance, then stuff the goose with apples, sausage meat and liver, and cook for seven hours. She began her writing career 40 years ago on the Daily Mirror and since then has presented very many cookery series on television and published numerous bestselling cookery books including Delia Smith's Cookery Course, Summer and Winter Collections, The Vegetarian Collection and Delia's How to Cook among others.

I used to make a large batch of these and freeze them, then make the sauce to go with them on the day of serving. We give people around the world the opportunity to contribute to the circular economy, earn money and protect the planet, by trading their unwanted books and media. There are 100 new Christmas recipes added to this book and I think they are totally characteristic of Delia’s excellent style. Overall, there's nothing very radical in here - the book is from about 1990 - and if you've been cooking Christmas dinner and catering for Christmas parties for the last twenty years, this may not be for you (though you'd probably still find one or two recipes that caught your eye).There are also ideas for festive occasions from drinks parties to dinner parties, with dishes such as Roast Goose with Potato, Sage and Apple Stuffing, Caramelized Orange Trifle, and a Terrine with Four Cheeses. The wisdom that comes only late in life has taught me that Christmas always arrives sooner than you think. This is quite definitely the best and, like the Christmas cake, has been made and loved by a cast of thousands over forty years.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment