276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Space Band: The out-of-this-world new adventure from the number-one-bestselling author Tom Fletcher

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Christmasaurus is currently being developed by The Greatest Showman director Michael Gracey into an animated, feature-length movie with original songs written by Tom. The book follows the story of best friends and bandmates George, Neila and Bash, who find themselves beamed up into space to compete in an intergalactic Battle of the Bands. It surpassed (some of) my expectations: the quality of writing itself turned out to be what I had expected, and it was a bit Diary of a Wimpy Kid at times (which I don't rate).

The album has eight songs on it, which are based on characters and storylines from the book, and is inspired by Tom's real life experience in the band McFly and his friendship with bandmates Danny Jones, Harry Judd, and Dougie Poynter. George, Neila and Bash are the worst band on Earth, but George desperately wants them to be brilliant! Neila has stage fright, and Bash is too distracted by his obsession with stars, aliens and faraway planets for them to be any good. LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. Can the worst band in the world become the best band in the universe? This is the strap line for Tom Fletcher's latest story and is the premise behind Space Band. Hello Yellow - 80 Books to Help Children Nurture Good Mental Health and Support With Anxiety and Wellbeing -

De afwisseling tussen tekst, tekeningen, strips, vergroot lettertype, en woorden die nog groter en vetgedrukt worden, zorgen ervoor dat je als surfend doorheen deze hardcover gaat. Tom also writes the incredibly successful Who's in Your Book? picture-book series and is one half of the author duo behind the Dinosaur that Pooped picture-book series too, which has sold over 1.5 million copies. I loved the references to Tom Fletcher's band McFly, his sons and other musicians. That was quite hilarious. What I loved the most is that McFly recorded all the songs in this book and you can listen to them while reading the book! This is just an incredible awesome idea.

Ik heb enorm genoten van het boek, het verhaal, de illustraties en de vele grappige woordkeuzes. Proficiat aan de vertaler. Voor sommigen zullen de liedjes die de kinderen via de Qr codes kunnen beluisteren ook een sterk punt zijn. Tom heeft ervoor gekozen om de hoofdstukken niet te lang te maken, een ideale keuze voor de jongere lezer. Maar dit hoeft geen eindpunt te zijn, stuur je boekenwurm niet met de keuze om nog een hoofdstuk te lezen in zijn bed. Want gegarandeerd zal die nog aan het lezen zijn als jij je bed ingaat. Maar het idee is leuk. George, Bash en Neila zijn de slechtste band op aarde, maar kunnen ze de beste band van het heelal worden om meerdere planeten waaronder de aarde te redden? Tijdens de deelname aan battle of th bands op hun school worden ze het heelal in gezogen om mee te doen aan battle of the bands galaxy stijl.Die liedjes had ik dan ook liever niet vertaald gezien. Kinderen kunnen tegenwoordig heel wat woordjes Engels lezen. En kon als uitdaging gezien worden. Mijn kinderen keken alvast uit, wanneer mijn recensie online kwam. Niet om die review te lezen, maar wel het boek. Ik weet zeker dat sommigen van mijn klas zullen smullen van dit verhaal.

This is ultimately a story of friendship, belonging and believing. The Earthlings have to work together to try and win the Intergalactic Battle of the Bands and defeat the dastardly Megavolt. Yet when they form friendships with the bands from other planets, they face a huge dilemma when they realise that defeating other bands also means destroying their home planets. What will happen to the life from other planets when they are destroyed - where will those creatures belong? And do The Earthlings really believe that they can win, or that Megavolt will keep his word and return them home if they do? De boeken van Tom zijn altijd bijzonder om te lezen, de illustraties ondersteunen het verhaal zee zeker. De magie van de Christmasaurus mis ik wel een beetje in dit boek.I thoroughly enjoyed this new book from Tom Fletcher. His books are so easy to read and I know the children in my school will lap up this book. It has an amazing added bonus of having songs accessible with a QR code! I’m thinking of using it in a book club.

An intergalactically awesome tale of celebrating difference, believing in yourself, and the power of friendship. I was not expecting how this book would go but it was incredible! I loved the characters and the plot. The story was amazing I loved all the characters designs especially the aliens! Tom's books have been translated into thirty-nine languages, and to date he has sold over 5 million copies of his books in the UK alone. Leest alsof je naar een Marvelfilm kijkt, maar dan zonder al dat geweld. Of eigenlijk wel: maar dan met muzikaal geweld! Having said that, I thought the story was a lot better than the blurb made it sound. I also really liked the fact that the songs in the book have been recorded by McFly and are all on Spotify, which seems like a pretty original idea as far as I know.Now the kids face an even bigger challenge: Battle of the Bands, but the intergalactic version. They're competing against alien bands from every galaxy! And if they don't win, they might never make it home again... Jaja! 5 sterren. Die krijg je van mij niet zomaar, maar deze heeft het wel echt verdiend. Wat een leuk, vrolijk, spannend maar vooral fantasievol verhaal. Echt een boek voor mij. ;-)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment