276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Pop-Up Book

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Very Hungry Caterpillar was released on DVD on April 24, 2006, as a part of an anthology called The World of Eric Carle; it was presented by the Illuminated Film Company and broadcast by Ventura Distribution. [40] This book is the one exception to that list. It's the one I liked as a kid and the only one I've bothered to buy for my daughter (for the record, I read The Grouchy Ladybug to her just to see if maybe I was the weird one as a kid who hated them, and she showed zero interest in it). This one works with its creative design, the humorous word choices and the amazing day where it eats a random assortment of food. This is the one Carle book that actually seems fun for young readers rather than being just "a work of art". Many of you ask, why the butterfly in The Very Hungry Caterpillar comes from a cocoon, not a chrysalis?". Eric Carle. Archived from the original on March 3, 2023 . Retrieved March 3, 2023. On an early Sunday morning, "a tiny and very hungry caterpillar" hatches from his egg and searches for something to eat. For the following five days, Monday through Friday, the very hungry caterpillar eats through an increasing quantity of fruit: one apple on Monday, two pears on Tuesday, three plums on Wednesday, four strawberries on Thursday, and five oranges on Friday. Each day, however, the caterpillar is still hungry. On Saturday, he feasts on a picnic, and gets a stomachache from overeating later that night.

This book has been instrumental in fighting childhood obesity. The American Academy of Pediatrics, the CDC, philanthropic groups, and anti-obesity campaigns utilize this book to teach children about healthy eating. [36] In 2011, the American Academy of Pediatrics sent out special copies of the book, with associated learning tools, to health providers, for a campaign to healthy eating in the U.S. [37] Carle supports the usage of his book to promote healthy eating. [ citation needed] Cultural influence [ edit ]

National Education Association | NEA". www.nea.org. Archived from the original on December 7, 2022 . Retrieved April 27, 2022. The Very Hungry Caterpillar's format allows for expansion into a classroom activity. [31] Children can engage in creative practice and storytelling by inserting their own foods and drawings into each day of the week. [31] Using the book's format, children can incorporate their own interests; thus, they are telling their own stories. [31] Sharing their renditions with peers, students again engage with storytelling. [31] Secondary school usage [ edit ] a b c d e Bird, Betsy. "Top 100 Picture Books #2: The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle". School Library Journal. Archived from the original on April 27, 2022 . Retrieved May 2, 2022. a b Wiseman, Donna L. "Helping Children Take Early Steps Toward Reading and Writing." The Reading Teacher 37.4 (1984): 340-4. JSTOR. Web.

Evaluation of Literary Elements (3-4 sentences in your own words): This book is ideal for early readers because of the counting principle and repetition. Young readers can follow along and build fluency due to the text and pictures matching each time. It is a creative introduction to science and keeps readers engaged.www.kibutz-poalim.co.il (in Hebrew). Archived from the original on May 2, 2022 . Retrieved April 27, 2022.

A: Not in the same way, though I do enjoy gardening. I have more recently been taking photographs of interesting textures I come upon in my daily life and immediate surroundings: a patch of grass, a section of cement sidewalk. About the question of hobbies, I have often said: My work is my hobby and my hobby is my work. because even when I am not working in my studio, I may be thinking about a book or an idea that is connected to what I am working on.Carle, Eric. "The Very Hungry Caterpillar and Other Stories". Archived from the original on October 11, 2022 . Retrieved October 11, 2022. Giaimo, Giaimo. "The Very Hungry Caterpillar Lied to You As a Child". Atlas Obscura. Archived from the original on July 21, 2022 . Retrieved July 21, 2022.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment