276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Now That's What I Call Music! Volume 44

£3.66£7.32Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Since the release of Now 102 in Easter 2019, the corresponding Now album from 100 volumes ago has been re-compiled and re-issued on 2-CD sets on the same day. I thought “Witch Doctor” and “Doo Dah” were quite popular or maybe because they seemed to get played a lot at school discos. Now 44 was the only volume in the series to have featured Lou Bega, Eiffel 65, Sixpence None The Richer, Bran Van 3000, Jordan Knight, Ann Lee, Shaft, DJ Jean, Wamdue Project, Alena and Liquid Child.

The tie-in television programmes are a month by month video playlist of tracks, from one year previously featured on a Now Yearbook album, with Bruno Brookes presenting. If everything goes to schedule, Now 120 will arrive in March 2025, with Now 200 due in time for Christmas 2051. Eiffel 65 – Blue (Da Ba Dee), Sixpence None The Richer – Kiss Me, Moloko – Sing It Back, Jamiroquai – Canned Heat. Even with songs like “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” ( Now 45) and “You Belong With Me” ( Now 32), Swift was getting slotted into spots usually reserved for country singers like Keith Urban and Jason Aldean. Initially, a special edition of a Now compilation was quite rare, and between 1994 and 2002, there weren't any released at all.The Essential Score for each album was determined by rating each song’s essentialness on a scale of 1 to 10. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article. Captain Sir Tom Moore is the oldest singer to feature on the compilation, having reached his 100th birthday when he sang alongside Michael Ball on the charity cover version of You'll Never Walk Alone (Now 106).

A triple-CD only release, Yearbook Extra: The Collectors Edition, is issued a few weeks later; these include lesser known tracks and more songs by big artists included on the main album and they are released only in standard gatefold wallet packaging. Although the Ann Lee track to me is opposite: I actually couldn’t listen it wholly back then, but today I can’t get enough of it! July 2019) re-issued on 2-CD - 28 tracks with only Bob Marley and the Wailers and Gary Glitter missing.

I’m beginning to suspect that T-Pain has a problem interpreting the messages sent to him by various strippers. Now 60 is the worst-case scenario for that strategy, as it features an irrelevant song from the “All About That Bass” girl, a useless track from the “livin’ like we’re renegades” band, and an even worse song from the guy who sings in seven-year intervals. My daughter was pleased with it and has asked me to keep a look out for a few others that she is missing from her collection. Just to give you an idea of how the music gods (read: Now) judged Taylor Swift: “Blank Space” is the first time she ever headlined a Now album, and only the second time she landed on the lauded first half of a Now album (“I Knew You Were Trouble” on Now 46 was the first).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment