276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gild (The Plated Prisoner Series Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Because these bars I’m kept in, no matter how gilded, are still just a cage. But the monsters on the other side might make me wish I’d never left.

I thought I was going to die, and would have if it weren’t for Slade. The only way he could save me was to open a rip between worlds. The only way for me to save myself was to go through it. I was pretty late to the party and started reading the Plated Prisoner Series only a few days prior to the release of Glow, so I was able to binge through them all, ending the journey with Glow itself. And I will end my journey with Glow even though there might be more to come. This is not going to be a "OMG SO GOOD!!" review but in-depth discussion on why this book should never have been published in this form, at all. I'll provide a short review first and then dive into it later, so only read that second part if you don't care about spoilers.

{{{ data.question_title }}}

Oh, Goldfinch. I would’ve found you in whatever world you were in. In whatever life.” My lips tip up in a soft smile, because I believe him. “You would’ve found me in them all.” If you love Slade, well … this is Slade’s book. He owns it. We learn so much about him, past and present. Just when I thought I couldn’t love him more, too. I was very happy and completely enthralled with every piece we learn about him. I think everyone will be very happy. If you're interested in more in-depth commentary with quotations and examples, read on. If you still plan to read this book and don't want to be spoilered do not read on. Gold opens up the Plated Prisoner series to a much bigger, beautiful world. With a heavy sprinkle of new and fun characters, to an ever expanded world of fae—this book truly has it all. I see why Raven had to make another

Raven Kennedy, the book’s author is inspired by obscure myths. She likes to explore stories that no other author has attempted. Her previous published series was inspired by cupids, while The Plated Prisoner focuses on the myth of King Midas. I liked the parts in the castle, as it really set the tone and world for Auren and the plot. The second half was more interesting in what was happening, but not as engaging as I found the first half. At the same time, I kept having the feeling that not a lot was happening and this whole book is just an introduction to what will happen later on in the series.Auren's Cleansing for the Conflux seemed like a nod to Game of Thrones, and I LOVED it! Honestly, all I could think about was the similarities between this scene and Cersei getting ready with Septa Unella and her walk of atonement. Reading about fanatical religious groups that try to cleanse the body/spirit brings up my religious trauma. I absolutely hate them with a passion and would love nothing less than to see them burn. I hope Queen Isolte and her fanatics get what they deserve. the sex scenes were…weird. Did anyone else find them weird? Like the dialogue in particular just did not match the vibe of the series. physically I cannot talk about the ending bc I will get up and start pacing my house again and my animals are already worried about me. Author Kennedy has also partnered with Coralee June on multiple occasions to write the installments of several of her original series. She is often praised for having the expertise to write excellent stories in a variety of genres. Her books will either make the readers cry or laugh and it gives her immense pleasure to create characters and worlds that readers can root for.

You can say something until you’re blue in the face, and it won’t do any good. People rarely change their opinions when they’re argued with. They only tend to listen to the voices of those they already agree with.” Le descrizioni invernali dei paesaggi sono mozzafiato. Durante le bufere, sembrava di essere lì, con le ciocche impregnate di brina e fiocchi di neve e il calore di un fuoco a riscaldare le tende di accampamenti. E da amante folle dell’inverno, non ho potuto non avere gli occhi a cuore per tutta la durata della narrazione del viaggio. There should be about 100+ trigger warnings with this book, obvious from the fact that the opening scene is a group orgy with participants that are not there of their own free will. This is being watched by a gold woman kept in a cage for the amusement of the King, a man she thinks she loves and that he loves her. This is not even mentioning the blatant rape scene. Yeah, totally messed up and not for the faint hearted for sure. There is no quirk as such that Kennedy follows whole writing, however, sometimes she tends to listen to music to get her mood right. And when things begin to get boring, she tries to use different hours of the day, even night, to write so that she can have a change of mood.

Chi spiega ai criticoni che i libri si giudicano anche per il contenuto? Leggere recensioni come “metto un voto basso perché c’è spicy, temi crudi, abusi e violenze.” fa riflettere ma anche ridere sguaiati.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment