276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile (Lyle the Crocodile)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kroll, Justin (July 8, 2021). "Javier Bardem to Star in Sony's Adaptation of Classic Children's Book Lyle, Lyle Crocodile". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on July 9, 2021 . Retrieved July 9, 2021. Cast: Javier Bardem, Scoot McNairy, Brett Gelman, Winslow Fegley, Lyric Hurd, Shawn Mendes, Constance Wu

Based on the best-selling book series by Bernard Waber, Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile, starring Academy Award-winner Javier Bardem, Constance Wu and Shawn Mendes, is a live-action/CGI musical comedy that brings this beloved character to a new, global audience. I can see why Javier Bardem did it. He got to change it up a little bit and show us a humorous side we rarely get to see in the type of movies he's best known for. Tomasi, Rollo (October 9, 2022). "Box Office – October 7–9, 2022: SMILE, LYLE LYLE CROCODILE, AMSTERDAM, & More". FilmBook . Retrieved October 10, 2022.

The two become fast friends, but when Lyle’s existence is threatened by evil neighbor Mr. Grumps (Brett Gelman), the Primms must band together with Lyle’s charismatic owner, Hector P. Valenti (Bardem), to show the world that family can come from the most unexpected places and there’s nothing wrong with a big singing crocodile with an even bigger personality. There are a handful of books I remember reading or that were read to me as a child that are still in print today. One of those is Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile. The book was actually written in 1965 and 57 years later it’s being turned into a movie. Today, I bring you Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile book activities. Mariska Hargitay & Chris Meloni Get Close on Today, Plus Julianne Moore, Cynthia Erivo and More". People. September 23, 2021. Archived from the original on September 23, 2021 . Retrieved September 28, 2021. In New York City, a charismatic magician named Hector P. Valenti wants to try out on a national talent show but is constantly rejected. One day after a failed audition, he wanders into an exotic pet store, where he finds a singing baby crocodile and names him Lyle. Seeing Lyle as an opportunity to become rich in the talent business, he places his three-story Victorian brownstone house as collateral for their performance, but Lyle experiences stage fright during the premiere and Hector loses the house. Hector is forced to move out and reluctantly leaves Lyle to fend for himself while he tries to make more money. The vocabulary is fairly simple, though some things will need to be explained to today's children who will not understand the concept of a telephone operator. There are some more complex words, like "coax," "appreciatively," and "furious."

Kroll, Justin (July 29, 2021). "Winslow Fegley Joins Javier Bardem In Sony's Lyle, Lyle Crocodile". Deadline Hollywood. Archived from the original on July 30, 2021 . Retrieved July 30, 2021. See Shawn Mendes voice a singing reptile in ' Lyle, Lyle Crocodile' movie | ABC Audio Digital Syndication". Here's another wonderful, and now favorite, character I missed in childhood! How does such catastrophes happen?! Surely I have a little gaping Lyle hole because of it. New York employment was in the promotion department of Condé Nast Publications, and although I continued in the magazine field for many years, writing and illustrating children’s books was my primary interest since 1961. One day, Lyle is thrown into the zoo by Mr. Grumps, but he is eventually freed by his old performing partner, Mr. Valenti, whose intent is for him and Lyle to go to Australia and become entertainers again as they had been in the past. However, this idea saddened Lyle, who preferred to go home to the Primm family.The film was released on VOD on November 22, 2022, and on Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K UHD on December 13, 2022. [32] Waber, Bernard (1993) [First published 1965]. Lyle, Lyle, crocodile. New York, U.S.A.: Houghton Mifflin. ISBN 978-0-395-13720-8. OCLC 44875564 . Retrieved 2009-04-30. Robert Abele was less than positive with his review writing for The Wrap: "Did Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile look good in storyboards or sound fun in creative meetings? Because it's a certifiable mess on its webbed hind feet, teetering uncomfortably as both fanciful family comedy and live-action/animated musical, whether trying to make dumpster diving look whimsical (it isn't) or the tunes sound like anything but positivity-anthem-generator readouts." [45]

Tangcay, Jazz (October 10, 2022). " 'Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile': How VFX Team Used a Stand-In Actor to Bring the Singing Reptile to Life". Variety . Retrieved January 2, 2023.Kroll, Justin (October 27, 2021). " Fleabag 's Brett Gelman Joins Sony's Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile Adaptation". Deadline Hollywood . Retrieved October 27, 2021. He really is the character. He broke very young, while he’ was super vulnerable, and had huge amounts of pressure placed on him. And he’s a really good, nice, kind human being. He’s very transparent about what he’s going through and how he’s experiencing the world. And I think those are all great cues for us in terms of the themes of the movie about self acceptance, Bardem wanted to make a movie that his kids could see and enjoy. The directors explain that he is a “warm and squishy family man” and that his role in this film was a full family affair. In fact, the directors say they even got notes from Bardem’s son. During this interview, Mama’s Geeky spoke with the Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile directors about adapting the book & working with Shawn Mendes. Go on an “I Spy” hunt through the illustrations of the book and see if you can find each image in the story. Discuss each scene where you find the item.

Ryan Leston for IGN called the film "charming", praising the character of Hector writing: "Sure, it's not exactly original, essentially a mish-mash of similar films including Hop and Sing, and most of the laughs feel familiar. But Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile conjures up enough of the old showbiz charm to win you over. It's heart-warming, too – Lyle may be the singer, but he helps those around him find their voice, and sometimes that's exactly what we need: a singing crocodile to just be a good pal." [44] find your voice, and the need to feel loved and supported to become the best version of yourself, which I think is him on a massive scale.” Malhado, Carolina Sobral (September 27, 2021). "Tuesday, September 28 Filming Locations". On Location Vacations. Archived from the original on September 28, 2021 . Retrieved September 28, 2021. Malhado, Carolina Sobral (September 21, 2021). "Wednesday, September 22 Filming Locations". On Location Vacations. Archived from the original on September 22, 2021 . Retrieved September 28, 2021.

Rivera, D.J. (October 7, 2022). "Is Lyle, Lyle Crocodile on Netflix?". Netflix Life . Retrieved October 10, 2022. The book is the second in the Lyle the Crocodile series, which follows the life of Lyle, a city-dwelling crocodile who lives in a Victorian brownstone with the Primms family.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment