276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Harry Potter Knitting Magic: The official Harry Potter knitting pattern book

£11.495£22.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

So if you want to fully indulge your inner nerd, you can wear HP AND decorate your house/homewares in relatable items-SCORE!! Discover even more knitting magic with a brand-new collection of knitting patterns inspired by the characters, creatures, and artifacts of the Wizarding World. Featuring over 28 new projects pictured in gorgeous full-color photography, Harry Potter: Knitting Magic, Volume 2 includes patterns for toys, apparel, and costume replicas pulled straight from the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films.

If you're looking to adorn your home (and life!) with unique pieces that aren't sold in stores, you might want to take a gander at the official Harry Potter knitting pattern book.” — House Beautiful Claire Boissevain-Crooke was inspired by Harry Potter to create this sweater Mrs. Weasley might have knit for Arthur Weasley to show his love for Muggle artifacts like light bulbs, electrical cords, and more. It looks like a regular vest until you look closely. Sizes Small (Medium, Large) One of the patterns in her Geek Knits book. Inspired Apparel (my favorite section, and the biggest - clothing using motifs and themes from characters or sets); and Harry Potter: Punto Mágico. El libro oficial de patrones De Harry Potter; Norma Comics (17 julio 2020) House Cardigan - Will try to use pattern to create a pull over instead, but might one day make cardiganCraft and recipe books inspired by/based on movies or TV shows can be hit or miss. This one is a pretty solid hit, though, at least for me. While there could have been more patterns specifically from the movies, there are some iconic classics and I really like the "inspired" patterns that are included. And honestly, the inspired patterns can be more fun - subtle geekery (like the Golden Snitch stranding pattern, for example) and things that are harder for me to design or reverse-engineer myself. Plus, there are lots of movie design sketches, photos from the movies, "Behind the Magic" tidbits and trivia, and other fun such extras. Vera Verto Cape - well, don't know if I'll make the full cape, or just the half-cape shawls, but it's so much cabled loveliness! So, in full disclosure, I do like the first collection better. This one has (at least it feels to me) a lot more colorwork patterns, which really aren't my favorite - more of a cables and lace girl myself. Plus, I haven't gotten as into the Fantastic Beasts movies, so there isn't quite as much recognition and appeal for me. Not that this collection is weaker, just less to my personal preferences. Still, would I make any of the patterns? Definitely. My favorites: Allison Hansel designed this sweater aftere the sweaters Mrs. Weasley made for her kids and Harry for Christmas in the first movie. Fans who knit have even more options for expressing their love of all things magical." - Apartment Therapy

As well as the expected items-Mrs Weasley letter jumpers, house scarves and such-there are beautiful pieces which are sure to become heirloom items like the Time Turner Jumper or the Deathly Hallows shawl. As someone who rarely sits still without a set of knitting needles in her hands, I was dying for a copy of the Harry Potter: Knitting Magic book from Insight Editions as soon as I saw the advertisements. This book is a compilation of knitting patterns ranging from an adorable stuffed Hedwig to costume replicas and subtle Potter-inspired wearables. Doll with separate scarf and cape. Dress appears to be part of doll's body. Designed by Leanna's Designs. DK weight yarn. Doubles over as a solid collector’s item for those fans who can’t stop adding new things to their mountain of stuff. There’s no judgement here, especially since this knitting guide looks pretty awesome." - Nerdist When I saw this sweater, the central design looked to me like a row of golden snitches from Harry Potter, though the designer didn't have that in mind originally. The center motif is created by making 11 stitches from 1 sitch. Relaxed fit sleeveless drop-shouldered pullover, almost poncho-like, kncludes a removable cowl pattern. Designed by Jennifer Callahan. DK weight yarn.This hat spells out one of the most beloved lines from the Harry Potter series along with the Deathly Hallows symbol that evokes the theme of the final book. “After all this time?” “Always,” said Snape. The pattern also includes charts for the full alphabet in addition to the hat pattern and Always chart. Designed by Mary Annarella. Worsted weight yarn. With a little creativity, you can bring some of the warm and fuzzy feelings of Hogwarts into your home.” - Mental Floss However, that aside, this is a book of great beauty and is absolutely a passion project rather than a simple cash in on the HP name.

Crafty Creatures: While the pixies where fun in the movies and I would like to make a pixie, I feel crochet might have been a better choice to get a better shape for the pixie, the one in this book looks more babyish than the ones from the movie. Fluffy looks good and scary. Hedwig, fine I guess, but I am not interested in creating this version of the famous owl, she seems fat. I wish they would have included a Monster book of Monsters in this category. The patterns range in difficulty from beginner to complex, providing a good range of itmes that can be challenging but absolutely makeable. It assumes an ability to knit-there aren't any instructions on how to knit in the book, so either find yourself someone who can, or there are some great Youtube tutorials to help. This book requires the basic ability to cast on, cast off, and how to read a pattern. Inspired by the magical world of Harry Potter, as well as some traditional Norwegian patterns, these mittens feature a stranded design of Harry's Patronus Stag. Designed by Amanda Sund. Aran weight yarn. Discover even more knitting magic with a brand-new collection of knitting patterns inspired by the characters, creatures, and artifacts of the wizarding world. Featuring over 28 new projects pictured in gorgeous full-color photography, Harry Potter: Knitting Magic, Volume 2 includes patterns for toys, apparel, and costume replicas pulled straight from the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films. The book is also scattered with pictures from the movies, concept drawings and behind-the-scenes facts that make it even more fun.Discover even more knitting magic with a brand-new collection of patterns inspired by the characters, creatures and artefacts of the wizarding world. Harry Potter Knitting Magic: More Patterns from Hogwarts and Beyond includes patterns for toys, apparel, and costume replicas pulled straight from the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts films, all pictured in gorgeous colour photography. This hooded baby blanket is created by knitting scarves in the Hogwarts house colors and sewing together to create the blanket and then a sorting hat hood is added. Designed by pod7et is Craftstiel. The instructions for the hood face are vague, as the designer admits.

There are beginners patterns in the book, but not many. It's really more of an intermediate and up sort of pattern book. While there's a range of types of patterns (toys and household through shawls, sweaters, and winter accessories), and a range of sizes (the Weasely sweaters run from XS to 6XL, for example), there really aren't any kid-specific knits, if you have younger HP fans in mind. The elf design adds a playful and unique touch to the outfit, making it stand out from traditional baby clothes. The outfit is perfect for Christmas parties, family gatherings, or just for lounging around the house. The outfit is sure to keep your baby warm and cozy during the colder months. Designed by Rebecca Beam after the hat Hermione Granger wears in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 during the Godric’s Hollow scene. Pictured project by NarcissaM Wizarding Wardrobe (patterns for items actually seen in the movies - the Weaseley sweaters, house scarves, etc);

Product Details

Toy softie of the famous boy wizard complete with wand, wizard robes, and house scarf. Harry is knitted flat and then seamed. Finished Size: Approximately 21 cm (8.5 inches) tall using DK/Light Worsted Weight yarn and 3 mm needles. Changing the size of the needles/yarn will change the size of Harry. Designed by Daisy and Storm. Each pattern is rated for skill levels using lightning bolts. The more lightning bolts, the harder the pattern is. For the sake of this review, I was looking for a simple pattern that wouldn’t take long to complete so that I could include some photos and get a feel for what this book has to offer. Unfortunately for me, and the less advanced knitters out there, most of the patterns in this book required a pretty substantial skillset. Don’t get me wrong – there are some pretty great patterns that are rated as being easy to make, but I would have liked to have seen more. Out of 27 patterns, only eight are rated “beginner” or “easy.” So if you are a less experienced knitter, take this as an opportunity to learn some new techniques and just have a smartphone or computer handy to look up tutorials.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment