276°
Posted 20 hours ago

makeup brush cover travel accessory and makeup storage solution BRUSH BUBBLE 2 pack pink and white (makeup brush not included)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Each powder brush was used to apply setting powder, blush, and bronzer. For setting powder, I used the Maybelline Fit Me Loose Finishing Powder and looked for even distribution and an airbrushed finish from a wide enough brush head to cover a lot of surface area with each pass. For blush and bronzer, I used the Urban Decay Stay Naked Threesome Palette and wanted the brush to be able to move the product evenly and not disrupt my foundation. The Expert Face Brush, 402 Setting Brush, and Deluxe Crease Brush found in the Real Techniques Everyday Essentials five-piece, synthetic set were hands-down the best brushes we tried. I scoured high and low for the most highly-rated makeup brush sets until I landed on the 11 that made the cut. We determined that the best way to judge if a makeup brush set was worth it was to test the three brushes that are staples in most beauty routines (and commonalities among the sets): foundation brush, powder brush, and eyeshadow crease brush. verifyErrors }}{{ message }}{{ /verifyErrors }}{{

The powder brush, in particular, has longer bristles than the ones found in the Real Techniques set (and others), which made it difficult to deposit loose powder on my skin because it didn't allow for much control. Another finding: The crease brush is short and dome-shaped, which is good for things like blurring the lower lash line, but not ideal for creating a smokey crease, a look that’s best achieved with longer, tapered bristles. For most people, investing in a makeup brush set, versus buying each brush individually, makes sense. We tested out the most frequently used brush types (foundation brush, powder brush, and eye crease brush) from 11 makeup brush sets of varying price and quality. Our conclusion: The Real Techniques Everyday EssentialsStill, you don't have to have artistic makeup skills to work with these brushes, as each one is labeled with its primary use (like the Sigma Beauty set). Another bonus is that the brushes came with a plastic sleeve to cover the bristles when not in use, which helps keep them contained and free of dust particles that would otherwise get on them as they sit in a brush holder. Another thing to consider when it comes to makeup brush sets is price. You'll find more value in makeup brush sets than purchasing each brush individually, in terms of raw cost, but some makeup brush sets may come with brushes you're not likely to use. If you’re a minimalist, you may find that buying just the brushes you know you’ll use is your best bet. Still, for beginners who want to explore the world of makeup, a basic set may be worth the investment because it typically includes the most popular, versatile brushes that most people use in their routines. Some sets also include makeup sponges as an alternative applicator for foundation or silicone brush mats, a palm-sized disc on which to suds up bristles for cleaning—both are nice-to-haves but not essentials.

Finally, each crease brush was tested with the Mac Cosmetics Soft Brown Eyeshadow, a matte shade designed for contouring the crease. I hoped that each brush would be able to define the crease without looking too harsh, as well as be able to layer and blend a glittery eyeshadow (I used a Colourpop Glitter Gel) on the lid overtop the matte shade for a seamless look. The 12 brushes in the Sigma Beauty Essential Brush Set are made of its proprietary SigmaTech synthetic fibers, which claim to hold the right amount of product and apply with ease. Like the foundation brush from the It Cosmetics set, the foundation brush in this set looks like a paintbrush, which made it easy to build up my cream and liquid foundation in layers, but not so effective at blending. (You’ll have to follow up with the included duo fibre brush for that.) For the crease brush, I used the E40 in this set. Though this was once a highly acclaimed crease brush for beauty buffs, I found that the bristles are a bit too long and tapered to create a well-blended transition color between the lid and the brow bone.Most of the sets we tested contained synthetic-bristled brushes, but one set had a mixture of synthetic and natural hair, which gave us a glimpse into the difference. A few of the sets also had accessories in addition to the brushes, such as a cleaning pad or makeup sponge. I'm Michelle Rostamian, a freelance beauty writer and editor with over 10 years of experience in the beauty industry. As a writer and former beauty influencer on YouTube, I've tested and reviewed hundreds of skincare, makeup, and beauty tools. Throughout this, I’ve come to realize that I'm quite the snob when it comes to makeup brushes—but not in the way that you might think. While I don't judge a brush by its price tag or brand name alone, if its bristles feel spiky or rough on my skin, or it doesn't give me a well-diffused crease, or leaves me with streaky-looking foundation, it gets the boot before it even has a chance to earn a spot in my routine. That being said, makeup brushes are my weak spot. Even after testing these 11 sets, brushes are one of those things that I can catch myself saying "but they're all different!" about, as I cling to my brush holders that house 50+ brushes. And really, I feel that each one offers something that I don’t get from another. The Tests When shopping for makeup brushes, it's important to consider the bristle type. There are two main types of brush bristles: synthetic and natural hair. Natural hair bristles are constructed with hair from an animal (usually boars, goats, or squirrels). They're known to be plush and fluffy, and are best used with powder products, such as blushes, bronzers, and powder foundations. Because of their porosity, they tend to soak up a lot of product if used with a liquid or cream, increasing the likelihood of streaks and blotches. Synthetic bristles consist of man-made fibers, such as nylon or polyester or even plant fibers like bamboo. Unlike natural hair bristles, they don't absorb pigments, which makes them better for applying liquid and cream-based eyeshadows and complexion products like foundation and concealer. On the other hand, powders may apply more diffusely than you intend, as they won’t “cling” as much to synthetic bristles. Synethic brushes are usually more affordable than natural-hair brushes and don't shed as much because they don't dry out or have breakage like natural hair bristles. They’re also a better choice for people with allergies or who prefer vegan or “cruelty-free” products (in our testing, we didn’t evaluate brands’ specific claims, so we can’t speak to them). Makeup brushes are an underestimated part of our beauty routines. It's easy to get distracted with the slew of glow-inducing highlighters and eye-catching eyeshadow palettes available—until it comes time to apply them. Whether you're a beauty pro or a novice, makeup brushes remain the most integral part of depositing makeup for whatever result you’re looking to achieve.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment