276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tritonaudio FetHead - Studio Preamplifier

£28.685£57.37Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The CL-1 (used in our comparison tests) has a footprint of 4.9 x 4.9 x 12 cm, making it ultra-portable for mobile podcasts. The all-metal casing is sturdy, and no buttons or dials means that the CL-1 is more than equipped for a life on the road. I had this microphone for years, and it served me well. I didn’t record much in the past, so I was okay with boosting the volume afterwards. However, as I started my Youtube channel and used the microphone more, the gain started to get annoying.

FetHead arrived in a small cardboard tube, hidden in a pouch inside. It was much smaller than expected, which was fantastic as I was worried it wouldn’t fit at the end of my SM7B, sitting on the arm. The unit is designed to provide a completely transparent boost meaning that it won’t change the sound of your mic in any way. Here is the full spec: For the sake of a fair experiment, the variable element will be the activator, and the controls will be the interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 2 nd gen) and our microphone of choice (Rode Procaster which does really benefit from the boost of a device like these).Each one has a different application so it’s important to understand which would be the best fit for your particular needs. By the end of this article you’ll have a good idea about which direction you need to take. Condensers need external power such as batteries or phantom power to work supplied by an audio interface, 48V. For this purpose, it has two pairs of JFET connected as a class-A amplifier with a double configuration – it is an extremely clean pre-amp and works through the phantom power.

When compared to other preamplifiers with a similar cost, FetHead is noted for its low noise, crisp, and clear end result. Your Fethead will latch straight onto any XLR equipped microphone, or anywhere else in the signal path between microphone and preamp/mixer.The electronics are housed in a robust metal chassis with a balanced female XLR input and a balanced male XLR output, rugged enough for use at home, in the studio or on tour. Built with a solid steel chassis, the CL-1 is robust and made to stand up to regular use in the studio. What’s nice about them is that they’re manufactured in the US using quality components and Cloud offer a lifetime warranty which says a lot about how long they expect them to last.We explore this topic more in our dedicated article Is a Cloudlifter Necessary? Mic Activators Explained. Is a Cloudlifter a preamp? To use FetHead, the mic-pre amp needs to have 500 ohms to 1000 ohms of input impedance to achieve the 20dB gain. This is because if the input impedance is lower than 500 ohms, the gain level will significantly decline.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment