276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Little Darlings

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Lauren Tranter has just become a first-time mother of twin boys, Riley and Morgan. While still in hospital, she begins to struggle with her new role. I was definitely swept up in her thoughts and equally as much into Detective Harper's investigation. I will most likely read it again someday as I enjoyed it that much. Until then I will be loaning out my copy to all friends and family who will take it. The author did try his best to be engaging, that was clear from the frequent notes he wrote in a friendly, conversational manner, but those rare buts were, unfortunately, the only bits that were actually fun to read. The rest of the time, it was unengaging and dull.

Woman may never be left alone during the first six weeks following childbirth, for the devil then has more power over them. Unfortunately, no one believes her story. The hospital staff didn't see anyone. Additionally, how could an intruder have gotten past the surveillance cameras without being seen? Lauren Tranter has just given birth to twins, exhausted from a prolonged labor and delivery. Curiously, she keeps over-hearing another woman behind the curtain in the next bed singing to her twins.

Advance Praise

My biggest issue is the ending. It is wildly open. I thought I would get a specific plot-twist or a satisfying explanation. I usually enjoy it if the author leaves open a book. I'm so sorry, but I don't like it here. I needed some straight answers. In time, Lauren's friends visit her at her home and bring gifts for the new babies, but one gift is most unusual. One that is somewhat disturbing. Little Darlings" by Melanie Golding was a unsettling, eerie fantasy wrought with much uncertainty. It is a dark fairy tale-like read that will have the reader intent on separating fantasy from reality. An excellent debut novel I highly recommend.

I think the police procedural aspects are the weakest part of the novel. Little Darlings is at its strongest when hovering somewhere between a portrait of postpartum depression and a dark, sinister fairy tale. I can speak from experience when I say depression can be terrifying. And just like in this novel, you can never quite be sure what is a legitimate feeling and what is an exaggerated response brought on by your mental state; these two often overlap.I loved so much about this book. There is a lot of the plot I am not even going to mention here as it is best to be taken off guard by it. Lauren’s reflection had deep shadowed holes where it should have had eyes. A vision of horror. She turned away.” The realistic fantasy begins, causing you to read faster and faster. Will Lauren be believed? Does her husband help her? Is there a conspiracy? Melanie Golding, the author, convinces you this could happen.

A huge thank you to Sarah at Crooked Lane Books, NetGalley and Melanie Golden for a galley of this novel to read and review. Deep. Dark. Utterly addictive. I read this extraordinary book in one breathless gulp… Be warned—you can't unread this story. It will haunt you.” Golding had first begun working on a short story about changelings set in the modern day because the folklore frightened her, which became much longer than she originally planned. While researching for the story, she found that similar folktales were common across cultures. [5] She wrote the novel as part of her master's degree in creative writing at Bath Spa University. [6] Qwill. "Interview with Melanie Golding, author of Little Darlings". Archived from the original on 2023-07-04 . Retrieved 2023-07-04. I don't suggest you read Little Darlings if you are pregnant, especially close to the end. And.please wait until six weeks after your baby is born until you read this book. But read it you must. Especially if you don't believe in fantasy, like I did. Now I do.

Keep in touch

I had so many ideas of what was truly happening, who was behind the kidnapping, etc. but in the end I was wrong. At least I think I was wrong, because the ending leaves one guessing! The Hidden by Melanie Golding". www.publishersweekly.com. Archived from the original on 2023-07-04 . Retrieved 2023-07-04. I can't quite believe how selfish Sunset's mother was as she put what she wanted before her children's needs. She also complained the father couldn't look after the children when she clearly couldn't either.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment