276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Maybe One Day: Escape with the most uplifting, romantic and heartwarming must-read book of the year!

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Selbst Joe kennt man am Ende ziemlich gut, dabei kommt er immer nur in Briefen und Erzählungen aus zweiter Hand vor.

It was easy to feel invested in Jess and I loved how the author explored there wasn't necessarily one outcome that would give Jess the opportunity to start living her life. Ever since they met in dance class, they've had the type of friendship most people only dream of or witness in the movies. On one level it is a group of three unlikely people going on potentially a wild goose chase of a road trip.There is a tiny bit of a romance in Maybe One Day (as noted in the synopsis) but it's definitely not a focus. We also got to see quite a bit of Olivia’s parents… the effect from Zoe’s point of view that the illness was having on them, not only as a family, but as a couple. Maybe One Day by Debbie Johnson was a very special book about an unconventional love story that was both utterly devastating and magnificent!

And because I went into this story with blind faith that I knew I loved the author and thus would be happy with whatever was written, I really do think the less you know about the specifics the better. So when Olivia gets a diagnosis that rocks their world, Zoe is determined to be there for her with positivity and support.As he moved around his life trying to escape his past, he leads a life not soon to be forgotten, as he leaves every town he stays in somehow better than it was. I felt like there was too much focus on some other elements of the story, and more could have been done to build on the friendship of the two girls. Zoe and her best friend, Olivia, have always had big plans for the future, none of which included Olivia getting sick. That is until Olivia gets sick and suddenly everything is different for the two once carefree girls. From Jess’ reflections/flashbacks we meet her as she starts rebelling at the age of 16 and other key points in her life.

And I’m a girl who loves a dang road trip story *sadface* Buuuuuuuuut, anything that gives me some Letters to Juliet vibes is still pretty good chick lit . Overall, a decent read, but not one that will stick with me like The Fault in Our Stars or other young-adult works of realistic fiction. I sniffled most of the way through it and at the end when I put this book down I sat on my sofa and I had a good old cry. Size hiçbir şey vermez, ne saklayabilecek metinler, ne duvarlarda sergilenecek hatta belki müzelere asılacak resimler, ne basılıp satılacak şiirler, hayatta olduğunuzu hissettiğiniz o tek bir uçucu an haricinde hiçbir şey.I did have problems at times understanding the different accents, but she really did such a fantastic job.

Oh and what about the moment that she walked into the hospital room where her friend was getting her super fast chemo treatment and noticed the view out the window first and foremost. he and a bunch of the other guys on the football team would be teaching kids how to bench-press or tackle or rape or whatever it was that football players knew how to do well. Don't read this for the romance, because even though central to the plot is a love-story, it is more about her journey, her reflections and her growth as she navigates the years from the early days of her youthful romance to the present day.I am in a puddle of tears as I had just finished this book right on time for my book club discussion, and what great tears they were. She's up there with Tris and everyone from Jude the Obscure on the list of characters I would like to punch in the face. The other aspect of the novel that is unique in young adult books is the inclusion of both families. It's a side plot, and I'm really glad for that, because the friendship is what dominates this story and that's how it should be! uk/landing-page/orion/orion-company-information/" target="_blank" rel="noopener">The Orion Publishing Group Limited.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment